X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAC card and transfer questions.

Hello all. First post and I'll get straight to the point because for some reason the "chat ask a question" thing wont work for me.

I'm a E-5 ETS'ing and I have already signed a contract to the New York National guard for 11B.
    Here are some of my questions.
    1. Once I surrender my CAC card and clear Fort Carson (my post right now) when will I get my new CAC card so I can access AKO and other sites along with other capabilities? Can I get it made while I'm still on Fort Carson since the DEERS is right here with me?

2. Since Im Re-classing from my artillery MOS to Infantry...how will that occur? Is it a field problem with a "GO-NOGO" kind of thing to get my new MOS? Or do I go to Benning?

3. Will I be issued gear from CIF?

I apologize is these are "new guy" questions and if they have been answered a thousand times.

~SGT Bortle

Re: CAC card and transfer questions.

Whenever you get put into the NYANG's system....usually up to 45 days after you sign or transfer in. Just go to any ID issuing facility.

RTI's have reclass programs...you maybe be Q'd through one of those. Your equipment will come from your unit S4.
    Last edited by Chaplain4me; April 4th, 2013, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RedSpartan40 View Post
      Hello all. First post and I'll get straight to the point because for some reason the "chat ask a question" thing wont work for me.

I'm a E-5 ETS'ing and I have already signed a contract to the New York National guard for 11B.
      Here are some of my questions.
      1. Once I surrender my CAC card and clear Fort Carson (my post right now) when will I get my new CAC card so I can access AKO and other sites along with other capabilities? Can I get it made while I'm still on Fort Carson since the DEERS is right here with me?

2. Since Im Re-classing from my artillery MOS to Infantry...how will that occur? Is it a field problem with a "GO-NOGO" kind of thing to get my new MOS? Or do I go to Benning?

3. Will I be issued gear from CIF?

I apologize is these are "new guy" questions and if they have been answered a thousand times.

~SGT Bortle
      Mountain Warrior, you will get a new card but if you are going on transition leave, your CARD should remain with you until it expires or until you get your new issue.

Your new unit will handle your TDY for reclass

And you will have a supply sergeant in your unit, that will issue you your TA-50.

Comment

Thank you Sir and Chief. I appreciate your time and knowledge. I got a better warm and fuzzy for the transfer.

Comment

Working...
        X