Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Questions out of honest curiousity.

Originally posted by NYGuardRecruiter View Post
    If you're looking to join and not interrupt your education you need to look into the Split Training Option where you would attend Basic Training this summer, likely leaving early June and returning late August. There are only so many training seats for the summer and you may have a hard time finding one this late in the game. At 17, you're also going to need your parents consent, so, hopefully you've discussed this with them.

Best advice, get in touch with a Recruiter ASAP if this is something you're considering.

Best of luck!!
    I have my parents consent. Any more information about Split Training?

Comment

Originally posted by Tee View Post
      I have my parents consent. Any more information about Split Training?
      You're going to grow old and gray at RSP in green phase while you're waiting to ship to AIT.

You'll be there so long you'll have your own locker, your own parking space with your name on it, and personal office space.

Have a nice day!

Comment

This got me thinking. I'm getting the feelings it's either start college later or start training later..

Comment

Good information, thanks.

Comment

The Split Option can be a challenge as the majority of soldiers return from BCT, get fat & lazy over that 9 months before shipping to AIT. Unless you're a High School Junior, I would advise knocking out BCT & AIT in one shot. Another advantage is, you're eligible for the Montgomery GI Bill only upon completion of AIT. If you do the Split, you're only eligible for Tuition Assistance.

Obviously it's your choice but you're getting very late in the game to find a seat for BCT this summer. If you haven't contacted a Recruiter already, you need to do it TODAY!

Comment

Working...
            X