Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Backing out before basic?

Originally posted by jmclaughlin1701 View Post
    True.

I was referring to "negative" in the fact that they'll have that uncharacterized discharge that will pop up if they every apply for a government job... and they'll have to explain why, which may lead to some personal awkwardness.

Plus, how many people are on this board with "Oh, I was young and stupid and blew my chance in the military. It's 10 years later and I regret it and want to get back in..."
    +1 Billion. I did not really know the magnitude of the attrition rate of individuals not completing their first term obligation or involuntary discharges. And it is amazing to know, that that majority wish to re-enter the service. I think the services (mainly the US Army/Guard/Reserves) has been the most lenient in allowing people with less than RE-1s to have a second chance. I guess when they see a military person on TV or walking down the street in uniform and see that honor and pride; does their pre-mature military exit comes to fruition.

Comment

Originally posted by eqmcclure View Post
      Are you sure about that Chaplain4me? I'm an Army budgeteer by trade and I don't buy it.

I attended the Army Comptroller Course at Syracuse University. At the time it was taught by a former TRADOC G-8 and he used real world case examples of budgets for some of our exercises. He attested to the fact that big Army TRADOC budgets for all IET, they simply allocate X amount of slots to the states. Could be wrong but that makes sense in the grand scheme of things.
      Equipment use alone is more than 13,000 dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by eqmcclure View Post
        Are you sure about that Chaplain4me? I'm an Army budgeteer by trade and I don't buy it.

I attended the Army Comptroller Course at Syracuse University. At the time it was taught by a former TRADOC G-8 and he used real world case examples of budgets for some of our exercises. He attested to the fact that big Army TRADOC budgets for all IET, they simply allocate X amount of slots to the states. Could be wrong but that makes sense in the grand scheme of things.
        I've always heard that the state pays for those slots out of their budget.

Comment

I've seen a ton of threads on here about people saying they backed out when they were young and stupid and now want a second chance.

Personally, if you're 18+ I don't see how you can be in that situation and I have no sympathy for you, grow up. If you can't make it in the military where they tell you exactly what to do how are you planning on making it in life?

Comment

Working...
          X