Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS/SCI and Immediate Family Members

Hello everyone,

I am currently a member of the CA ARNG (E-2, 11B).

I had questions regarding reclassing to 35P (Active or NG) and the possibilities of getting TS/SCI...

1. ALL of my immediate family members are non US citizens. I'd talked to a local recruiter regarding this issue and she said that it shouldn't be problematic as long as they are here legally... but I've also read on other forums that SCI portion requires all your family members to be citizens... So I'm not quite sure who to listen to. Anyone have any experiences in this area?

2. Should I reclass to 35P in the Guard or pursue AD?

Thank you for your help.
    Last edited by Kayem; March 23rd, 2013, 01:11 PM.

Re: TS/SCI and Immediate Family Members

Hi,

All immediately family do not have to be citizens, and all the other stuff they are saying on the forum is bolony. Live example right here. If you are second or first generation immigrant with a 3/3 on a language go for it/ or without one, it doesnt matter. The MI Branch is drenched with Foreigners from all over specially the Cryptos (35Ps). MI is like the United Nations. For some reason there's lots of push back on the issue when it comes to TS/SCI because they are all the dinossaurs from the cold war era, circa Bay of Pigs who are still running after the 'Commies'. In other words: RECLASS.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayem View Post
      2. Should I reclass to 35P in the Guard or pursue AD?
      Whatever trouble you encounter with this MOS in the Guard won't change if you serve in the active component. The same people (OPM) do the clearance background investigation.

Comment

Go for it, worst thing that happens you get denied a clearance which IMHO, isn't likely as long as you're 100% honest and have a decently clean background. Your investigation might be more complicated and take longer however.

Comment

Thank you all for your replies!

Comment

Originally posted by Kayem View Post
            Thank you all for your replies!
            You'll be fine. It will be treated no different as when someone has married a foreign national. It technically requires a waiver but marriage to a foreign national or having foreign family members has become so common that the waiver is a rubber stamp that most people dont even realize took place.

Comment

While the fact that they are non-citizens itself doesn't make a difference, the country of origin can make a difference, as well as their own connections. For a coalition country like Canada or England, it is almost virtually a rubber stamp. If your family members are Iranian or North Korean, however, a more thorough investigation may be required, and then relatives of relatives, and then...you get my point.

Comment

And you can expect the investigator to talk to your family members as well as your friends and neighbors. In addition to whoever you put on your SF86, they are going to ask for more names and phone numbers... a lot more. Just be prepared, be 100% honest and be able to explain any sort of hiccups. If your credit has some dings, be able to explain why and how you are rectifying.

Comment

Originally posted by HunterStalker View Post
                  Hi,

All immediately family do not have to be citizens, and all the other stuff they are saying on the forum is bolony. Live example right here. If you are second or first generation immigrant with a 3/3 on a language go for it/ or without one, it doesnt matter. The MI Branch is drenched with Foreigners from all over specially the Cryptos (35Ps). MI is like the United Nations. For some reason there's lots of push back on the issue when it comes to TS/SCI because they are all the dinossaurs from the cold war era, circa Bay of Pigs who are still running after the 'Commies'. In other words: RECLASS.
                  You are 100 percent wrong. DNI rules requires that all immediate family members be US citizens. It also allows for waivers based on compelling need. If you understood CI you would not make such rash statements about the Cold War era... With your attitude I am surprised your clearance s not in jeopardy.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelvin View Post
                    You are 100 percent wrong. DNI rules requires that all immediate family members be US citizens. It also allows for waivers based on compelling need. If you understood CI you would not make such rash statements about the Cold War era... With your attitude I am surprised your clearance s not in jeopardy.
                    Guess what Kelvin, you are wrong.

IC Directive 704 states that "Subjects who have immediate family members or other persons who are non-United States citizens to whom the subject is bound by affection or obligation may be eligible for access to SCI and other controlled access program information as the result of a condition, deviation, or waiver from personnel security standards.”

Signed into DNI law in 08 OCT. Here, I'll even provide you a link to the PDF announcement.... Bazinga!

It kills me when all of these "Red Phase" posters come on here and spout off knowledge like they're an authority....

Comment

Originally posted by jmclaughlin1701 View Post
                      Guess what Kelvin, you are wrong.

IC Directive 704 states that "Subjects who have immediate family members or other persons who are non-United States citizens to whom the subject is bound by affection or obligation may be eligible for access to SCI and other controlled access program information as the result of a condition, deviation, or waiver from personnel security standards.”

Signed into DNI law in 08 OCT. Here, I'll even provide you a link to the PDF announcement.... Bazinga!

It kills me when all of these "Red Phase" posters come on here and spout off knowledge like they're an authority....
                      By the way it says may be eligible with condition, waiver or deviation. In other words have to have waiver.... Exactly what i said they have to waive the standard ..... The Army division of the DOD CAF still uses letters of compelling need as part of this process. Unfortuately You have no idea what my background is but I submit plenty of soldiers for the waiver... If they don't have the waiver listed in JPAS there will be issues with SCI access. Where did you get your Security Manager Training?

Comment

By the letter of the memo, it says that "may be eligible with condition, waiver or deviation". No where in this memo does it state that "compelling need" is needed.

Now, if the Army division of the DoD CAF (That's Department of Defense, Central Adjudication Facility for those who are following along) want to add to what they need based on specific MOS's or any other criteria, that's on them. Think of how many 09Ls we have coming and going.

It's irresponsible to make blanket statements that do no one any service. If you are going to state "A", then make sure you state "A" as it is and any things that can affect "A".

And You have no idea of what my background is.

And to answer your questions, Huachuca and DoJ.

Comment

By the letter of the memo, it says that "may be eligible with condition, waiver or deviation". No where in this memo does it state that "compelling need" is needed.

Now, if the Army division of the DoD CAF (That's Department of Defense, Central Adjudication Facility for those who are following along) want to add to what they need based on specific MOS's or any other criteria, that's on them. Think of how many 09Ls we have coming and going.

It's irresponsible to make blanket statements that do no one any service. If you are going to state "A", then make sure you state "A" as it is and any things that can affect "A".

Army CCF and now Army division of DOD CAF follow AR 380-67 which requires compelling need. Did not know FT H offered security manager training for the Army, I will have to look into it...

Comment

Originally posted by Kelvin View Post
                            Army CCF and now Army division of DOD CAF follow AR 380-67 which requires compelling need. Did not know FT H offered security manager training for the Army, I will have to look into it...
                            You both are sorta right and wrong.

1) Army CCF has been consolidated into DoDCAF. Some legacy folks may call it CCF but its now DoDCAF
                            2) If you have a foreign relative you DO need a statement of compelling need and a waiver for SCI Access
                            3) For the DoD CAF this is a rubber stamp. Even with countries such as russia. As long as the person says "I have no loyalty" in their subject interview it is assumed there is both compelling need and a need for a waiver, otherwise why would they have been put in for it?
                            4) Never reference AR 380-67 unless its of the most basic fundamentals of security clearances. It hasnt been updated since the soviet era and there are so many new policies that have and havent been published that its almost an entirely worthless regulation. If I remember correctly AR 380-67 also mentions what to do if traveling to a Soviet country.

The Army security community (particularly personnel security) is in shambles with zero communication up or down to policy makers. If you want a good laugh go look at some of the G2 section news letter areas and look at the multi-year gaps in their quarterly policy newsletter publication.

Everyone zip up your drawers, the constant measuring contest that comes up anytime someone asks about a clearance is over.

Comment

And I just saw this which is my post in a nutshell

Comment

Working...
                              X