X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about deployment.

Hi everyone I just have a question about deployment. What is the maximum amount of time you could possibly be deployed? Thank you for any responses.

Re: Question about deployment.

At one time or consecutively?

Comment

Originally posted by Amber Reed View Post
      Hi everyone I just have a question about deployment. What is the maximum amount of time you could possibly be deployed? Thank you for any responses.
      I'm not aware of any actual limits, and even if they exist, if there was really a need to keep a unit downrange it probably wouldn't be enforced. In the beginning of the Iraq war, orders were being cut for 730 days.

Comment

Over the years I believe the military has tried to keep it between 10-12 months in country. But as jwarren said, initially there were some units spending much longer overseas. My guess is the practice of shorter deployments will continue as the military has learned a lot over the last decade.
        Last edited by SteveLord; March 19th, 2013, 01:00 PM.

Comment

I am currently finshing up a 9 month deployment, we were offered the opportunity to extend individually for 4 additional months but that was the max extension available.

Comment

Working...
          X