X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random question about ammo

Ok just a random question that I have. Me and a couple other soldiers were talking about this several drills ago. What if we hypothetically got called up for something crazy like zombie apocalypse,civil war, etc. where do we get ammo? I know my old unit didnt have ammo at the Armory. One guy said we could just go down to Walmart and take .223 ammo but that would cost time in a zombie apocalypse scenario. I'm pretty sure the state Garrison/HQ has ammo but do most armories?

Re: Random question about ammo

Originally posted by jc091393 View Post
    Ok just a random question that I have. Me and a couple other soldiers were talking about this several drills ago. What if we hypothetically got called up for something crazy like zombie apocalypse,civil war, etc. where do we get ammo? I know my old unit didnt have ammo at the Armory. One guy said we could just go down to Walmart and take .223 ammo but that would cost time in a zombie apocalypse scenario. I'm pretty sure the state Garrison/HQ has ammo but do most armories?
    You've watch too many movies.

Chances are if you're talking about a real "**** hits the fan" scenario, there simply wouldn't be the ability to get personnel to where they need to be, much less be armed for such a scenario.

For example, NJ was lucky for "Superstorm Sandy". At least 1/3 of the state was drilling that weekend.

The weapons and ammo issue is a sore point for responding to natural disasters. While I was not on State Active Duty for Superstorm Sandy, many were like show_stopper999. I know they were tasked with patrolling disaster areas for looters. Fortunately, they never encountered any armed looters. We could "what if" a situation to death, but if your mission has a high chance of encountering criminals, you should be armed.

Comment

Re: Random question about ammo

Are you related to my hero Marco Rubio?

Did the topic ever come up on where ammo appears when you go to the range for you semi-annual qualification? There is an ASP in your state that in which your Command knows the procedures.

When I went to war in Iraq and Afghanistan, I did not get my ammo until I was in Kuwait and Manas.

When I was in the Guard and activated for Operation Noble Eagle; the NCOIC was provided the ammo and I had to sign out my (7) rounds when I came on duty. Nice rookie question.

When I was an MP, I signed out my ammo during shift and got it from the arms room. When I was border patrol, I was issued my ammo and radio and allowed to take it home with me on a daily basis.

Comment

Working...
      X