X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chances of deployment?

Hey everyone, I'm a little bored and curious of a thing that is happening at my unit right now. I barely got to the new MP unit and was selected for SRPing with another unit nearby for deployment to Afghanistan. I used to be prior service so I am a bit confused on how the process goes for deployment but I hear our deployment is sometime in April. So far what I've gathered is this week we will go through SRP and go on to a DMD roster for mobilization to Camp *****.

Mission: To mobilize ********** unit in ***** City NLT **NOV2013 IOT support Operation Enduring Freedom.

That is what I know but can someone further explain to me the process and if in any way the deployment could be cancelled during mobilization process? Or if once mobilization begins that means for sure the unit will deploy? I'm just curious because I've never deployed with the Guard before so it's strange--especially to put everything on pause for it versus Active Army.
    Last edited by JDMPenn; March 5th, 2013, 04:10 PM.

Re: Chances of deployment?

It has been my experience with pending deployments that nothing is solidified until boots hit ground. Ramping up for deployment in 2010, my unit experienced many changes to the schedule. MOB pushed back, MOB expedited, pushed back again, soldiers placed on list only to be later removed, etc. It's a time of great confusion that you can combat only with flexibility. A sister unit just deployed, spent 40 days on orders and actually touched down in country just to be sent back stateside. To say anything is a definite would be naive. It helped to have the mindset that your responsibility is to fulfill your orders and plan accordingly. I hope this helps.

Comment

Re: Chances of deployment?

Originally posted by Thirdstrike View Post
      It has been my experience with pending deployments that nothing is solidified until boots hit ground. Ramping up for deployment in 2010, my unit experienced many changes to the schedule. MOB pushed back, MOB expedited, pushed back again, soldiers placed on list only to be later removed, etc. It's a time of great confusion that you can combat only with flexibility. A sister unit just deployed, spent 40 days on orders and actually touched down in country just to be sent back stateside. To say anything is a definite would be naive. It helped to have the mindset that your responsibility is to fulfill your orders and plan accordingly. I hope this helps.
      Thank you. Your response has given me a little bit more clarity on what the hell is going on around here.

Comment

Working...
      X