X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paperwork

Long story short I was attempting to enlist in the San Diego National Guard and on my ride home from my job I was involved in an accident. I was very close to completing everything, and had brought a lot of paperwork. My recruiter had me bring my original birth certificate and diploma to MEPS. After this accident I was no longer able to enlist and because I was laid off I was forced to move back to my parents in Vermont. What would be my easiest way to get my originals back? And out of curiosity if I am interested again in the future will a sprained shoulder and ankle prevent me from enlisting again?

Thank you all in advance

Re: Paperwork

Go to vital records for your birth certificate, contact your school board for diploma, get doc notes for injuries, get police report for any tickets, fines if applicable, call recruiter in Vermont.

Comment

+1 j.c. I feel like we are missing some of this story though. Did you enlist when you went to MEPS? Applicants do hand carry original source documents to MEPS who simply verify their validity, make a copy, and then they are ipermed. The originals are given back to the applicant. If you went to MEPS, why didn't you enlist that day?

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose772 View Post
        +1 j.c. I feel like we are missing some of this story though. Did you enlist when you went to MEPS? Applicants do hand carry original source documents to MEPS who simply verify their validity, make a copy, and then they are ipermed. The originals are given back to the applicant. If you went to MEPS, why didn't you enlist that day?
        Well the reason I couldn't apply is because I was waiting for my daughter's birth certificate because my ex and I weren't married, and then I was told I had to hurry because of the GED cutoff. I went through everything except the swearing in, or so I was told. The story is a lot longer then that, but those are the main points.

EDIT: Oh also the day I was enlisting I was pulled out early by my recruiter because we were waiting for the birth certificate. He seemed upset that I mentioned having a daughter to MEPS, I think he was hoping to make the process shorter? Not sure... but I wanted to make sure I could provide as much as possible for her because she is my only child. So when I was pulled out I figured I was going back, but then the accident happened and well now I am where I am.
        Last edited by owtbound; March 4th, 2013, 08:26 PM. Reason: Additional info

Comment

San Diego National Guard? I guess you meant The California Army National Guard better known as CAARNG.

When did this accident happen?

Call the recruiter to get original documents back.

Comment

Working...
          X