X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question about clearances.

Hey everyone, I'm not exactly new to the forums since I have been lurking for a looooooong time now lol But I finally decided to make an account. I have almost everything ready to join the guard. All my paperwork is in, I just need to lose 5 more lbs and my recruiter will send me to MEPS. I have a quick question about permanent residents and clearances. I know that permanent residents can't get secret and top secret clearances but what about confidential? My recruiter is in recruiter school lol so he hasn't had the chance to answer.

Re: Quick question about clearances.

Sorry Charlie...

ECM 2-4(a)(2): "Immigrant aliens who have been lawfully and permanently admitted to the United States are eligible for enlistment, however they may not enlist in an MOS requiring a security clearance."

Also look at NGR 600-200, chapter 7.

Confidential is a clearance level. You'll have to become a citizen or look at MOS's that don't require a clearance.

Comment

Thank you for the reply, sir. My first choice is anything in aviation, then comes the other MOSs are 12M, 13B, 19K.

Comment

Look at the requirements for those and shoot from there... Aviation may be tough since a lot of those MOS have access to sensitive info concerning the aircraft.

Comment

I should've written that in more detial. I meant like helicopter mechanic.

Comment

Here man, check this link out.... it all about the Aviation branch, jobs available and requirements.

http://www.army-portal.com/jobs/aviation/index.html

Comment

Working...
            X