Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Glossary Non prior service (GNPS) enlist with RE code: N/A?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Glossary Non prior service (GNPS) enlist with RE code: N/A?

I was in the guard in 2006 in the DEP program. Shipped Jan. 5 2007 right after my son was born. I got to Benning and the day before I was to go down range I talked to my wife and my son was in the hospital (critical condition). Long story short I was discharge as Uncharacterized with an RE Code: N/A. Question is can I get back in since it has been 6 years since? I have had no law violation except a ticket for not having car insurance since I was discharged. I want in. I know I wont receive bonuses or anything of that nature, not what I'm looking for to join. I appreciate shedding light on this.

Re: Can Glossary Non prior service (GNPS) enlist with RE code: N/A?

More than likely, with a waiver. It all depends on what type of discharge you received. Check on your NGB22 for your Narrative Reason for Separation and a two letter Separation Code. Once you have those, either list them here or contact a local Recruiter who can tell you if your discharge is waivable.

Comment

Thanks for a prompt response. Unfortunately I haven't a clue what happened to my NGB22, all I have is my 214. Stating uncharacterized, Sep code JGA, and re code N/A. I am talking to a recruiter on Tuesday. I just wanted to get a heads up on what my options where on my end i.e DD FORM 293 or morale letter of some sort. I just don't want to get all hyped up and have the recruiter jump all over for nothing. I will be pushing diligently on this six ways to Sunday.

Comment

The NG doesn't have a DEP program. Once swear in at MEPS the first time, you are in. You'll really need that NGB-22 before anything can happen. The DD214 you got is simply the one from Big Army for training...

Comment

Working...
        X