Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOS?

This is my first post on the NG forum,

I have been looking into joining the National Guard for a few months now, and looking into joining the military since my first camping trip and cap gun

I am not sure what MOS I should enlist as. Currently I am debating between 68W and 35F, both are very different and both intrest me. Originally I was thinking about 35F since I have earned an undergraduate certificate in Intelligence Analysis and am a Political Science and History double major with plans to earn a masters in International Relations. I also have about 4 years of work experience in the IC and a TS clearance (not sure if that matters with the guard). I am also a volunteer firefighter with some small EMS experience, more experience on the fire/rescue side of the house but will be attending the next county EMT-B class.

Long story short, I have some civilian experience in both the EMS and Intel fields, but I am not sure which to do in the guard.

My long term plan is to enlist in the guard within the next few months on a four year contract, then after the four years transfer to active duty army and attend OCS.

advice? suggestions? I'm all ears

Re: MOS?

Hone your culinary skills by enlisting as a cook You will need to speak (I always suggest to sit-down with a recruiter since I am old school) to a recruiter and they can discuss MOS availability in your state and have you take at no obligation, the ASVAB test.

If you are a prime candidate, a recruiter may want to rush you into signing, but be as deliberate as possible and do your homework.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
    X