X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NG to AA before basic

Hello my name is Nick. First of all I would like to thank everyone who reads and replies to this. I signed a 68 year contract with the National Guard last week and swore in. However, very recently I have decided I can serve my country better if I go active duty. I understand my situation is very common on these forums, but j need answers. I have my national guard recruiter telling me one thing and research telling me the other. The government has given me NO money. I have not gone to basic. I just want to switch to active army. My recruiter is telling me that is impossible Le and I will not be able to switch to active duty until six months after AIT. research tells me I can switch now if I get a conditional release forms signed by the commander of my unit. I m sick of being lied to and. I want the truth. What are my options? The government has paid for nothing yet and I'm only sworn in. I also signed a contract.

Re: NG to AA before basic

Go see an Army active duty recruiter about your new ambition.

Comment

Ndlict
      Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
      Go see an Army active duty recruiter about your new ambition.
      It's a. little harder than that. I'm not trying to cause a conflict of interest. Being as careful as I can.

Comment

Originally posted by NG20131402 View Post
        Ndlict

It's a. little harder than that. I'm not trying to cause a conflict of interest. Being as careful as I can.
        It is not a conflict of interest. The active duty recruiter can look into the system and gauge how far you have come along with processing. He then will give you the paperwork that you will need in order to work with him.

I switched from NG to AD twice. From NG to Marines and NG to Regular Army (and I even did an Army Reserve to NG switch). I have done it while already serving as a drilling member so I am quite familiar on how to switch services and components. In your case; you have not started training. You probably have swore in but I have seen people change their mind on serving and switching services at the point of initial swear-in.

Comment

Working...
        X