Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Guard Armories?

Hello,

I am a cadet in the Civil Air Patrol and I command an honor guard; we are looking for a place to practice and I read that National Guard armories are ideal. Generally, do they have barracks, an open gym (like a gym you could play basketball or volleyball in, good for drill), and showers? It sounds general but it is important. I am aware of the steps to take to get access to one.

I was looking specifically at the one in Morristown, NJ.

Thanks in advance.

Re: National Guard Armories?

You should ask your cadet instructor on asking for you. I use to drill at the Kingsbridge Armory in the Bronx and it was a huge place. I passed a NG Armory in Bergen Country, New Jersey and it was a good size as well. Had tanks outside its front entrance. http://www.google.com/search?q=kings...w=1366&bih=627

Comment

Many armories have such facilities. I recommend that you contact the recruiter in that armory, and work through him to gain access, or at least introduce you to the people who control access. Invite the recruiter to your CAP events, and let him talk to your personnel -- both sides will benefit.

Comment

If your going to go through the recruiters there, they are SSG Shanahan and SFC Sarni. Both great guys who would probably help you out. PM me if you need a contact # or email.

Comment

Working...
        X