Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few Questions about choosing an MOS for women

Hello everyone,

I am a 20 year old woman, I am joining the guard and am going to do MEPS in two weeks, I need to start thinking about what I'd like to do for an MOS. I'd like to know the up's and downs for some MOS's, that women can choose from.

As well as wondering if I should honestly choose the route of doing ROTC or should I become an officer or just enlist?
    Thank you for your time!
    Last edited by Casey Lynn Bellis; February 14th, 2013, 04:39 PM.

Re: Few Questions about choosing an MOS for women

Speaking, as a female, I don't know of any MOSs that are 'more prone' for women to choose. Although, it may depend on what is available in your state at units you are willing to commute too. Unless there are combat MOSs which may, at this moment, still be banned from females enlisting in, you can select anything else (see above).

There are 'up's and down's' with any MOS.

Comment

I only meant more prone, because there are a few woman cannot choose for the time being. Thank you for your reply, I just really need guidance on choosing an MOS

Comment

Originally posted by Casey Lynn Bellis View Post
        Hello everyone,

I am a 20 year old woman, I am joining the guard and am going to do MEPS in two weeks, I need to start thinking about what I'd like to do for an MOS. I'd like to know the up's and downs for some MOS's, that women can choose from.

As well as wondering if I should honestly choose the route of doing ROTC or should I become an officer or just enlist?
        Thank you for your time!
        Since women will be allowed into combat arms MOS; why don't you shoot for 11B infantry and become one of the first females to earn that MOS? Are you up to that challenge?

Comment

Originally posted by Casey Lynn Bellis View Post
          Hello everyone,

Thank you for your time!
          Why not do ROTC [I]and/I] National Guard? That's what I'm about to do. And it's very common. And just FYI, the first two years of ROTC aren't committed to the Army. The last two are when you sign the contract to serve after as an 2nd LT.

And if you're looking into an action-y MOS as a female: 68W and 74D are pretty support heavy for Combat Units.

Comment

Working...
          X