X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NG to AD

I ETS March 19 and I'm trying to go Active Duty. I talked to a recruiter and she needs an NGB Form 22. I was told by my Readiness NCO it would take about 30 days after my ETS to get it. If I have already told my Readiness NCO that I need one ASAP, why would it take almost 2 months from now to get it? Seems like since I'm ETS'ing they're really not trying to help me out. Anything I can do to speed up this process?

Re: NG to AD

Originally posted by Phops View Post
    I ETS March 19 and I'm trying to go Active Duty. I talked to a recruiter and she needs an NGB Form 22. I was told by my Readiness NCO it would take about 30 days after my ETS to get it. If I have already told my Readiness NCO that I need one ASAP, why would it take almost 2 months from now to get it? Seems like since I'm ETS'ing they're really not trying to help me out. Anything I can do to speed up this process?
    Why didn't you get a DD368 signed and approved in the meantime? How many years of service do you have? It will be a shame to have a break in service.

I switched from ND to AD and started the process in early 2003 and got it approved by summer 2003. I was able to go to MEPS and get a 31B reservation and decided to leave in January 2004. I received my NGB 22 from the State Area Command (STARC) in Hartford, Connecticut. I was in the CTARNG.

I suggest you call up your STARC S1 and inquire about it. Do you have a full-timer that works at your unit that can help?

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
      Why didn't you get a DD368 signed and approved in the meantime? How many years of service do you have? It will be a shame to have a break in service.

I switched from ND to AD and started the process in early 2003 and got it approved by summer 2003. I was able to go to MEPS and get a 31B reservation and decided to leave in January 2004. I received my NGB 22 from the State Area Command (STARC) in Hartford, Connecticut. I was in the CTARNG.

I suggest you call up your STARC S1 and inquire about it. Do you have a full-timer that works at your unit that can help?
      As you know, a conditional release takes forever. It goes all the way up to the TAG and in Va the only way he's letting anyone go is because of some kind of hardship. My DD214 has a reenlistment code of N/A because I went back to my unit once I got off deployment. My recruiter needs something with a reenlistment code on it, which would be the NGB Form 22. It does suck to have a break, but I just don't understand why it would take a month AFTER I ETS to get it, when they know a month ahead of my ETS that I need it ASAP.

Comment

But it wan't planned, I just decided to go active. But you're right if I was planning on it, I would have tryed to get a conditional release.

Comment

Originally posted by Phops View Post
          But it wan't planned, I just decided to go active. But you're right if I was planning on it, I would have tryed to get a conditional release.
          Did you contact the STARC today?

http://vko.va.ngb.army.mil/VirginiaGuard/

The Virginia National Guard does not have a published list of phone numbers for readiness centers or other facilities posted online. If you are trying to contact a particular Virginia Guard unit or some other organization within the Virginia Guard, please contact the Fort Pickett switchboard at 434-292-8621.
          To contact the Virginia National Guard Joint Operations Center in Sandston, call 804-236-7704, 804-236-7705. To send a fax, dial 804-328-3016. Click HERE to send an e-mail.
          To contact Fort Pickett Range Operations, call 434-292-8605 or 434-292-8506. To contact the Fort Pickett director of public works, call 434-292-8303.
          To contact the office of the Virginia National Guard Inspector General, call 804-236-7895 or 434-298-6295.
          To contact Virginia Army National Guard Computer Technical Support , call 434-298-6138.
          If you are trying to get a copy of your DD 214, please call the Virginia Army National Guard personnel office at 434-298-6349.

For information on selling products and services to the Virginia National Guard, contact the state contracting officer at 434-298-6210 or click HERE to send an e-mail.
          If you are looking for Virginia National Guard sponsorship at an event or have advertising opportunities for the Virginia National Guard, please contact the Recruiting and Retention Command Marketing NCO at 434-298-6275.
          For information about requesting the Virginia National Guard to set up a static equipment or vehicle display, request the 29th Division Band, have a guest speaker at an event, request a color guard or other military support for a community event, contact the Virginia National Guard Joint Operations Center in Sandston at 804-236-7704, 804-236-7705. Click HERE for more information or to download the forms for requesting military support for your community event.

Comment

Working...
          X