X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Security Clearence

Some recruiters may tell you to be less than honest at MEPS. Be clear on this: INTEGRITY is an Army Value, and it's 100% YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to do the right thing here. When you are a soldier, you will be expected to obey all lawful orders, and deny all unlawful orders. If a superior directs you to do something illegal, you are obligated to NOT follow that order.

Comment

Re: Security Clearence

Originally posted by nram2086 View Post
      So am I most likely going to get denied a clearance? I've been going off what my recruiter tells me and he says its not a problem and if it was I would have been contacted already. Whats the best course of action?
      I would say contact your recruiter and see if your paperwork as been submitted to OPM. If it has not then tell him you want to correct some information. If it has been sent then I don't know if there is much you can do. I would write up a detailed letter explaining why you didn't include it in your original paperwork - you can play dumb and say you didn't realize your Path To Honor would be used for your security clearance and you had thought it was just to get the process started and that you did not intentionally mislead them by leaving out your credit issues. Take that letter and anything you hae pertaining to your debts with you to basic - they may contact you there. Just make it clear taht you were not trying to deceive them or hide anything from them.

Comment

Working...
      X