X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waiver

I recently was temporary disqualified by meps. I was unable to do the duck walk and standing from kneeling. I waited about ten days and was sent by NGB for a consult the doctor said I was ok to serve what is my chance NGB will allow me to swear in about a week or will they even let me?

Re: waiver

I don't think there is enough information here. If you were TDQd then by definition you have the potential to rescind the disqualification by fulfilling various waiting times, treatments or consults etc.

Comment

Originally posted by dshutler View Post
      I recently was temporary disqualified by meps. I was unable to do the duck walk and standing from kneeling. I waited about ten days and was sent by NGB for a consult the doctor said I was ok to serve what is my chance NGB will allow me to swear in about a week or will they even let me?
      It's my understanding that you'll have to go back to MEPS and show that you can do the duck walk. Or, if you need a waiver, your recruiter will get that process going for you. There's no time frame on this, so you'll just have to wait and see.

Bottom line, get with your recruiter to learn more about the next step in the process and what you can expect. Good luck!

Comment

I was told sometimes states can over ride NGB declines of a waiver? An if your pdq is waiver still a chance? I heard so by recruiter.

Comment

Originally posted by Focused11 View Post
          I was told sometimes states can over ride NGB declines of a waiver? An if your pdq is waiver still a chance? I heard so by recruiter.
          This is really a case by case, recruiter by recruiter type of situation. Some recruiters know how to get through the loopholes while some others don't and still others don't want to get through loopholes if they don't have to. I ended up having to go to MEPS four times within 5 months for different crack-brained reasons. So, pucker up and fasten your seat belt.
          Last edited by VICEROY06; February 4th, 2013, 10:55 PM.

Comment

I have been through a long ordeal with meps, i just went through a year process to get a medical waiver for enuresis at age 4, which by the dod physical requirements page is not a reason to be disqualified. But still i was given a temporary disqualification and had to get a waiver for it. They all dont usually take a year to get, but meps doctors dont have much oversite and their word is final. good luck.

Comment

Ahhh i see! My recruiter is in TNARNG, an i fully understand cause i had 1 recruiter in the past in alabama who didnt even know what a NGB exception to policy was smh when meps denies a physical.but that's true cause he stop answering the phone and he was less miles away but my TARNG stays on task this his 2nd time helping me.i even filled out paper work.but i also got the Tennessee Senator bob corker office involved. Its been 2 years now since my air force entry level separation. Im just going for 42A if i can try to do so. Congrats on your waivers you guys!
              Last edited by Focused11; February 6th, 2013, 01:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X