X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daughter interested in guard

Hello - my 17 year old daughter is graduating high school in June and is interested in joining the military for the college opportunities. She has been in the JROTC program since her freshman year and has truly excelled. She was promoted to a staff position her freshman year and is currently the batallion XO. She has been accepted to the college of her choice and feels the guard may be her best option. I would really appreciate any information you can provide.

Re: Daughter interested in guard

Does she want to get in the guard and attend college? Is she going to join AFTER college? Does she want to do ROTC? Does she want to delay college to train? These are only some of the things she needs to consider. Talk to a recruiter, he can help work out the best plan for her.

Comment

To add to what NCGuard has mentioned, if she wants to attend college then you need to speak with your states OSM (Officer Strength Manager) most recruiters aren't familiar with the ROTC process.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrsjfk View Post
        Hello - my 17 year old daughter is graduating high school in June and is interested in joining the military for the college opportunities. She has been in the JROTC program since her freshman year and has truly excelled. She was promoted to a staff position her freshman year and is currently the batallion XO. She has been accepted to the college of her choice and feels the guard may be her best option. I would really appreciate any information you can provide.
        Here's some general information on ROTC. Perhaps this will help you get an idea of what she has to look forward to!

Comment

Originally posted by Marine2Guard View Post
          To add to what NCGuard has mentioned, if she wants to attend college then you need to speak with your states OSM (Officer Strength Manager) most recruiters aren't familiar with the ROTC process.
          Our Battalion had a NG recruiter on-site. If that's the case where she wants to go to school, she should talk to him first. Our guy knew all the ins and outs of getting her hooked up with a unit on SMP status.

Comment

Working...
          X