X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all , New here have a question or 2

Greetings all , first off my name is Jeremy im 33 Married and a father of 2 I hold a GED that i got back in 2000
    I already have my ASVAB and AIMS tests out of the way Passed both , i do have to go back to MEPS to do the Physical and Pick my MOS
    I have been a auto mechanic for better then 10 years now and im looking for a change , and Frankly i have always wanted to Serve.
    That being said i have a question on what i would need to do in order to Enlist as a e-2 before i go to basic
    Any info on this would be greatly Appreciated also is there a Particular MOS that would Grant me e-2 status ?
    Im looking at going in as either a 21k Plumber or 91w Metal worker . i would go in as a 91b wheeled vehicle Mechanic since thats what i have been doing all this time, but really im looking for a change and Training in a field that would allow me to better provide for my family in the Civilian sector.
    Thank you
    Last edited by tuvok; January 26th, 2013, 09:22 PM.

Re: Hello all , New here have a question or 2

I don't think there is an MOS that promotes you before you ship. Do you have any college credits? Did you take JROTC in high school? These are things that might help you enlist at a higher rank. There is a program in RSP that can help you promote to an E-2 before shipping out to basic, it is called "Stripes for skills". Do a search on the forums for it and you should find quite a bit of information about this program.

Best of luck!

Comment

The Air National Guard has certain jobs that you would enlist at a higher grade but I do not believe the Army National Guard does that?!

Comment

Although not very relevant the OPs question, the Army Band MOSs do allow enlistments at higher grades, but I'm not familiar with the requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by tuvok View Post
          Greetings all , first off my name is Jeremy im 33 Married and a father of 2 I hold a GED that i got back in 2000
          I already have my ASVAB and AIMS tests out of the way Passed both , i do have to go back to MEPS to do the Physical and Pick my MOS
          I have been a auto mechanic for better then 10 years now and im looking for a change , and Frankly i have always wanted to Serve.
          That being said i have a question on what i would need to do in order to Enlist as a e-2 before i go to basic
          Any info on this would be greatly Appreciated also is there a Particular MOS that would Grant me e-2 status ?
          Im looking at going in as either a 21k Plumber or 91w Metal worker . i would go in as a 91b wheeled vehicle Mechanic since thats what i have been doing all this time, but really im looking for a change and Training in a field that would allow me to better provide for my family in the Civilian sector.
          Thank you
          To add to the other posts, here's a link to how you can obtain a higher enlistment rank.

Comment

I thank you all for the Info , Just a update , i now have a firm Date , I Process at MEPS on Feb 13th at 0700 Eastern ! looks like im on my way

Comment

Originally posted by tuvok View Post
              I thank you all for the Info , Just a update , i now have a firm Date , I Process at MEPS on Feb 13th at 0700 Eastern ! looks like im on my way
              Congrats! Keep us posted on how your training goes.

Comment

Working...
              X