X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with the "AIMS" test

Okay last year I started the enlistment process and after getting a 51 on my ASVAB (had to get over 50 due to GED) going to MEPS and having a perfect physical / no criminal background I was on my way to sign my contract when informed I had to take the AIMS test , short after taking the 20 something question test they told me "it's not a pass/fail test you have to score in a certain percentile" and then told me I had to wait another year to retake the test.

Well, next month mid February will be the 1 year mark and I'll be able to retake the test , my recruiter informed me that my MEPS physical/asvab and everything will still be standing all I need is this test, but what he said to me that caught me off guard is that the "AIMS" test is for testing only , that it's a semi new thing the army is doing for GED holders and that they'll have it for a year then take it away for a year for testing purposes..
    Can anyone clarify if this is true, and also will my MEPs physical still be standing when i retake the test.

I've contacted my recruiter a week after they told me i'd have to wait and he couldn't help me any further because he "quit" so now that im a month away from taking that AIMS test again I'm curious if it's still required or if this is one of the years they removed it,

Before you tell me to contact a recruiter and ask them i've contacted two and asked if they knew anything about it and just told me they'd "call me back" or set up something with me without giving me a call back, I've been more than persistent trying to enlist and any info is appreciated.

Re: Issues with the "AIMS" test

Try a more direct approach & see a recruiter face to face.

Comment

Originally posted by bai78 View Post
      Try a more direct approach & see a recruiter face to face.
      As much as I'd love to , I'm currently in vegas visiting family & I don't want to meet with a recruiter out here because all my documentation is back in michigan...
      That's why I turned to the forums to see if anyone could shed some light on my situation.

I did call 2 guard recruiters out here just for the hell of it and there were no answers , so i'm most likely gonna call them Monday because everytime I've talked to a recruiter they tell me to call back on a Monday.

Comment

Yes you still have to take the AIMS test if you are a Tier 2 applicant. I have to take my AIMS test next week. Do your research on it.

Comment

Working...
        X