So I was all set to go to MEPS this Friday. My recruiter calls me and tells me the MOS I am wanting is no longer available and wanted to know if I would consider a different MOS. The one he suggested is 14G which is entirely different than the 68W I was wanting. I have civilian training and I have just a few weeks until I complete my LPN. He told me it would be very easy to change my MOS after enlistment, But I have heard that it is not easy and very unlikely. So my question is, Is this normal and if you were in my situation and wanting to further your career in the medical field, what would you do? I really want to have tuition assistance to get my BSN, but I also want to get the skills that a 68W will provide me. Im not sure how a air defense battle management system operator is a logical second choice. Should I just hold off on going to MEPS until my MOS opens again? I was open yesterday and now its not, so do I play this game of one day at a time forever? I know I seem to be rambling on and on, But I want to Love my career in the NG and not mess it up. Any advice is very much appreciated. Thanks!
No announcement yet.
hit a snag in my enlistment processPage Title Module
Move Remove Collapse