Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

A few questions about Special Forces !@!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few questions about Special Forces !@!

Hi, first off i would like to thank you for reading.

I am currently 18 and I am taking my ASVAB this up-coming Tuesday. I have been thinking about joining the guard for quite sometime now and have finally decided I am going to. Although I haven't taken my ASVAB yet I am pretty sure I would like to be in some form of Special Forces. At first I am not going to go AD due to the fact that I would like to finish up a few things in my home life before I go over seas.

Are there groups of SF that are reserve or is it required to be AD. I understand that I could at ANY time be deployed and that is no issue. But, I would really love to be part of an elite group. Also are there reserve Scout/Snipers? My father was a sniper in the Marine Corps and I am not interested in the Marines but, rather the NG. But, as previously stated I am currently wanting to go reserve opposed to AD right now. I have looked on the forums and haven't seen any questions related but, I could have missed a thread so I do apologize if I am repeating a previously answered question. I am fully aware of the intensity of the training and that it will NOT be easy. As anybody joining or that has joined they would like to do what most interests them and I am just trying to do what I feel I would enjoy doing. I do realize the rarity of getting accepted or even qualifying for a chance to attend such training I just need to know if it's required that I be Active Duty.

To sum that all up can a reservist be a part of Special Forces or be a sniper.

Please no criticism unless it is CONSTRUCTIVE/INFORMING.

Thank you for reading!

P.S. Please be civil and RESPECTFUL towards me. I do not need your insults I ask for answers only. As I read a few of the other posts on ,"how to get into sniper school" or what ever the thread was titled, I see a lot of insults directed towards the OP and I would like to save you the time of typing it and my time of reading it... It would really be GREATLY appreciated as I am not an "immature kid".
    Last edited by Brand0; January 6th, 2013, 05:50 AM.

Re: A few questions about Special Forces !@!

Originally posted by Brand0 View Post
    Please no criticism unless it is CONSTRUCTIVE/INFORMING.
    You asked for it, so here it is. All of your questions can be easily answered via the use of your preferred search engine.

Also, from your reference to "some form of Special Forces" I'm inferring that you're not exactly sure what SF is, and what it is not. There is only one "form" of Special Forces, and it refers to one specific regiment in the US Army (also Google-able).

Since I'm in a generous mood, here's some free chicken:

20th SFG

19th SFG

Edit: On second thought, why on Earth am I being so nice? There's an entire freaking sub-forum on here dedicated to National Guard Special Forces, which you somehow managed to miss completely.
    Last edited by Jersey Dirtbag; January 6th, 2013, 10:13 PM.

Comment

There are entire forums dedicated to SF (quiet professionals). Although if you go there, I'd advise that you don't even register to post, just read as most if not all your questions will be answered.

Comment

Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
        There are entire forums dedicated to SF (quiet professionals). Although if you go there, I'd advise that you don't even register to post, just read as most if not all your questions will be answered.
        The website to which you refer is www.professionalsoldiers.com. We really are making this too easy.

Comment

Working...
        X