X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My job and drills. Please help soon!

I have a county job. I work on salary not hourly therefore i get comp time instead of being payed overtime. I had Fridays and Saturdays off, and when drill came around i had they would also just give me Sunday off. I need all three off on drill weekends because its a long drive and i work nights.
    Recently my days off have been changed to Tuesdays and Wednesdays. They are saying i will have to work on my days off/trade days off with someone so i can get off on the weekend. This means working eight days straight. then to add to that they said i may have to use my comp time or vacation time to get the third day I need. Can they do this? If not what can i show them so they know they cant do it. Every other job i have had I got my usual days off and when drill came I got those too with no problem. Is there anything i can do?

Re: My job and drills. Please help soon!

Check out the ESGR site. It does lay out your rights and your employer's rights.

Short answer is no, they don't have to make you use vacation ect, however, they are giving you the chance in not loosing those hours either.

Comment

Re: My job and drills. Please help soon!

Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
      Check out the ESGR site. It does lay out your rights and your employer's rights.

Short answer is no, they don't have to make you use vacation ect, however, they are giving you the chance in not loosing those hours either.
      I found most of what I needed the only thing i'm not sure on is can they make me work 8 days and lose my days off to go, or should i be able to get those off too. I don't get paid hourly so i get paid the same whether I work those days or not.

Comment

Working...
      X