X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few quick questions.

I have a couple of questions. I have scoured the website and I have found a lot of information. I am going to try and not ask previously answered questions. All information is greatly appreciated.

My background:

Prior Service Marine-4 years active duty 2006-2010
    MOS 0311-Infantryman
    1 Semester away from my Associates
    I have a VA rating
    I have an RE-1 discharge code

My Questions:

Is it even possible for me to come back in I am being told yes and no and I have read the same.
    In the Guard you can go to OCS with an Associates but must complete a Bachelors before being able to pick up 0-3 and above?
    How will my VA rating affect being able to get in? I understand I must be able to perform my duties and having a rating looks bad but I have heard that as long as it is under 30% I can still serve.

I want to come back in because I never wanted to get out of the Marines to begin with. I tore my ACL while I was in and by the time it was rehabbed I was outside of my window of opportunity. The Marines had no boat spaces available. As of now I am not eligible to go back because I am over my High year tenure mark as an E3. Never Picked up E4 due to scores being maxed out. I miss it. It has taken me a long time to get my family on board with going into the Army, because of the longer deployment times, and thats saying something since my wife misses it all as much as I do.

I have spoken to a recruiter but I felt like he didn't want to spend time on me. I told him about my VA rating and he said nothing I can do for you and hung up. I hope this isn't the case. Thank you all for your time.

Re: A few quick questions.

Well, what I can say is that your RE code is promising and would leave you eligible to enlist. I'm not versed on VA ratings, but hopefully others will chime in on their experience with this as it seems to be your hang-up.

Comment

Working...
    X