Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

New person to USA, may I collect some information regarding the NG live, life, pay......etc

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New person to USA, may I collect some information regarding the NG live, life, pay......etc

Hello people I am Mason it's a nickname my real name is Mabest Mohamed, and I am NEW in the USA since May-2012 right now living in Syracuse,NY state, I am a Green Card holder,and a former Interpreter with USMC, Army, SF back in 2008 to 2011 in entire of IRAQ from North to South, and I am KURDISH from North IRAQ.
    I want to join the NG due to the unemployment rate rose up since 2010 and I got my HS in my country, but still attending the GED program but as you know it takes times because the subjects kinda different comparing to my Country's materials that I've took.
    And I have some Q. if you guys help me out with't, it will be highly appreciated.

1-Does the NG serve you as you serve the Country?((I consider this is 1st country of mine)))
    2-Does the NG taking care of you?
    3-Does the NG's recruiter tells everything TRUE upon meeting with'em?
    4-Does the NG allow you to join the Rangers when you request that?
    5-Does the NG allow you to re-locate to another state or still you can stay in your current city?
    6-If you joined as a Active Duty, are they going to deploy you ASAP or still you will through a bunch of procedures?
    7-Does the NG provides you a housing out side the military's base?

OR GENERALLY, WHAT SHOULD I KNOW BEFORE JOINING THE ARMY?

Re: New person to USA, may I collect some information regarding the NG live, life, pay......etc

Originally posted by Egle Eye Eaglez View Post
    Hello people I am Mason it's a nickname my real name is Mabest Mohamed, and I am NEW in the USA since May-2012 right now living in Syracuse,NY state, I am a Green Card holder,and a former Interpreter with USMC, Army, SF back in 2008 to 2011 in entire of IRAQ from North to South, and I am KURDISH from North IRAQ.
    I want to join the NG due to the unemployment rate rose up since 2010 and I got my HS in my country, but still attending the GED program but as you know it takes times because the subjects kinda different comparing to my Country's materials that I've took.
    And I have some Q. if you guys help me out with't, it will be highly appreciated.

1-Does the NG serve you as you serve the Country?((I consider this is 1st country of mine)))
    2-Does the NG taking care of you?
    3-Does the NG's recruiter tells everything TRUE upon meeting with'em?
    4-Does the NG allow you to join the Rangers when you request that?
    5-Does the NG allow you to re-locate to another state or still you can stay in your current city?
    6-If you joined as a Active Duty, are they going to deploy you ASAP or still you will through a bunch of procedures?
    7-Does the NG provides you a housing out side the military's base?

OR GENERALLY, WHAT SHOULD I KNOW BEFORE JOINING THE ARMY?
    Some of your questions are pretty basic and can be answered by doing a little research. I would recommend starting here with the National Guard page.

To your others:

3. It really doesn't help the recruiter to lie to an applicant. When it comes down to it, if you don't meet the qualifications, there's only so much a recruiter can do.
    4. In short, you must meet the qualifications to become a Ranger and there needs to be an available slot. It's not something you can just say "I want to do that!"
    5. Yes, it's called an Inter-state transfer. You can live in your current city, but you may have to commute to your unit for drill weekends.
    6. No. There is no guarantee if or when a Soldier gets deployed.

Comment

Working...
    X