Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Indiana National Guard the same as the Army National Guard?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Indiana National Guard the same as the Army National Guard?

I'm embarrassed to even ask, but I've had a bit of trouble finding a straight answer online. My son is heading to FLW on the 2nd for basic and AIT (88M).

Re: Is the Indiana National Guard the same as the Army National Guard?

Originally posted by AngelaL View Post
    I'm embarrassed to even ask, but I've had a bit of trouble finding a straight answer online. My son is heading to FLW on the 2nd for basic and AIT (88M).
    Each states "National Guard" is comprised of both Army Guard and Air Guard. So, assuming your son joined the Indiana ARMY National Guard, than yes...it is the same.

Comment

Yes, he joined the Indiana Army National Guard. We are all still learning the ins and outs of everything (including him).

Thank you for the help.

Comment

If his uniform has US Army on it; then he could be a part of the Army National Guard (which you stated he is). There are some State Guard (militia) that wear the same uniform as the US Army but it would not say US Army on it. Like Clark Howard did on his show.

Comment

Uniform says US Army, so I guess it's settled.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelaL View Post
            Yes, he joined the Indiana Army National Guard. We are all still learning the ins and outs of everything (including him).

Thank you for the help.
            Have you seen the Parents FAQ section on the National Guard website? I would highly recommend it for learning the basics: Parents

Good luck to your son in his training!

Comment

Ahh they closed that SMR thread and it was very interesting and informing. BTW, I was not arguing. lol

The last thing I wanted to add is if you go to page 8 of the link that Jarhead provide.

http://www.calguard.ca.gov/PA/Docume...yMarch2013.pdf <--The caption that shows SSG Carter. You can see on his ACUs, his tag shows California; not US Army and that is how you can distinguish a difference between the uniforms.

http://www.militarymuseum.org/CMH.html <--same here
              Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; September 23rd, 2013, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Yea my thread was locked lol all i did was ask a question lol

Comment

Working...
                X