X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11 series mos selection

Just had a question about 11b/11c selection. I was under the impression that everyone who went into the 11 series mos went in as 11x, so why does my contract say that I'm 11c and not 11x? I'd really appreciate it if anyone could shed some light on this. I apologize if this question has been asked before. I tried utilizing the search bar but couldn't find anything.

Re: 11 series mos selection

Originally posted by John11C View Post
    Just had a question about 11b/11c selection. I was under the impression that everyone who went into the 11 series mos went in as 11x, so why does my contract say that I'm 11c and not 11x? I'd really appreciate it if anyone could shed some light on this. I apologize if this question has been asked before. I tried utilizing the search bar but couldn't find anything.
    I can't comment on the current rules with contracting 11X or to a dedicated 11 mos. However, being a former 11C, I can tell you to stick with 11C if you have an option. It will essentially qualify you as both a 11C and 11B, giving you greater flexibility on slots, promotions and other opportunities.

Comment

Re: 11 series mos selection

I think 11X is for active duty enlistees only. As I only remember them having that and then celebrating or complaining when it was determined they would become either 11B or 11C. They also go in not knowing where their duty station will be. Another thing eventually determined through the course of BT/AIT.

Comment

Working...
      X