X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Basic/Ait Tattoos

I just recently came out of AIT and i was wondering what we have to do before and after getting a tattoo. do we need a waiver or permission? i know most of the rules, such as where its not allowed to be and stuff like that, but am i allowed to just go and get one? I'm also in the Michigan National Guard

Re: Post Basic/Ait Tattoos

Originally posted by mitchelp94 View Post
    I just recently came out of AIT and i was wondering what we have to do before and after getting a tattoo. do we need a waiver or permission? i know most of the rules, such as where its not allowed to be and stuff like that, but am i allowed to just go and get one? I'm also in the Michigan National Guard
    If you get a tattoo after you've enlisted, look in AR 670-1 for what the current regulations are on tattoos. You won't need to "report" it per say, or get a waiver, once you're already enlisted (providing it is with in guidelines). General rule of thumb, get it in a place you can cover up, and ensure it's not racist, extremist, profane, etc.

Now, when you are enlisting, you will be required to disclose the number tattoos you have. They will also be examined during your physical at MEPS. This is when you would need a waiver, if at all.

When in doubt, ask your recruiter or Readiness NCO.

Comment

I hope you are not planning on getting a BCT remembrance tatoo ie. the name of your BCT company or platoon, date graduated etc. And I hope you are not going to get a branch insignia for your MOS either.

Comment

I just wanted to get an eagle and flag on my back. I just wasn't sure if I needed to ask first or tell them after I got it. But thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
        X