X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Son Enlisting

I have a question about my son's enlistment.

My son was contacted by police when he was 15 years old for a supposed sexual assault. A girl claimed that my son touched her inappropriately on her breast. It was later determined that the girl lied and no charges were ever filed against my son. He was never arrested, charged, went to court or anything. When the recruiter conducted a check my son came up with a Juvis #. The Officer wrote a report that was very ambiguous and states no Probable Cause exists to continue. Again he was never charged and the Officer told my wife and I that the girl changed her story twice and he believed her to be lying.

Now the recruiter says it's up to his supervisor to allow him to join or not. My question is, can they still keep my son from joining even if he was never charged with a crime and when he was 15?? It seems to me that the girl obviously lied and the Officer found no Probable Cause to even charge my son yet he may still not be able to join for an accusation only? That seems a bit overkill if you ask me.

Answers??
    Thanks

Re: Son Enlisting

Originally posted by Therookster View Post
    I have a question about my son's enlistment.

My son was contacted by police when he was 15 years old for a supposed sexual assault. A girl claimed that my son touched her inappropriately on her breast. It was later determined that the girl lied and no charges were ever filed against my son. He was never arrested, charged, went to court or anything. When the recruiter conducted a check my son came up with a Juvis #. The Officer wrote a report that was very ambiguous and states no Probable Cause exists to continue. Again he was never charged and the Officer told my wife and I that the girl changed her story twice and he believed her to be lying.

Now the recruiter says it's up to his supervisor to allow him to join or not. My question is, can they still keep my son from joining even if he was never charged with a crime and when he was 15?? It seems to me that the girl obviously lied and the Officer found no Probable Cause to even charge my son yet he may still not be able to join for an accusation only? That seems a bit overkill if you ask me.

Answers??
    Thanks
    Identify your state where this occured please. I am not sure what a juvis number is (because every state is different) but police reports do not come back on criminal background checks. Whether he was charged or not, is kind of irrelevant as long as he wasn't convicted. Some states handle juvenile stuff very differently and he may have been charged without you realizing it.

Comment

Working...
    X