Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Volunteering?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Volunteering?

    Originally posted by NYGuardRecruiter View Post
    I'm certain the local Recruiter would welcome the assistance, especially since you are from the school you'd like to assist at. Find out who the local Recruiter is and let him/her know you're looking to help in any way. Hard work does not go unnoticed.
    That's a great idea as well. Looks like what you really need to do, OP, is ask around! .

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Volunteering?

      Originally posted by NYGuardRecruiter View Post
      I'm certain the local Recruiter would welcome the assistance, especially since you are from the school you'd like to assist at. Find out who the local Recruiter is and let him/her know you're looking to help in any way. Hard work does not go unnoticed.
      So just to be certain, with this being said, even though I want to VOLUNTEER with a local recruiter, I should still get permission from my COC?

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Volunteering?

        Here's a fun question.

        What if poor PFC CollegeGuard here gets injured (a nasty paper cut or poison from licking envelopes!) while working for free? Is there any concern about liability for a soldier working under an NCO while in uniform and not having orders? Always been curious of this.
        Last edited by SteveLord; December 5th, 2012, 03:28 PM.

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Volunteering?

          Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
          Here's a fun question.

          What if poor PFC CollegeGuard here gets injured (a nasty paper cut or poison from licking envelopes!) while working for free? Is there any concern about liability for a soldier working under an NCO while in uniform and not having orders? Always been curious of this.
          I have health insurance through my parents so I would just let them take care of it unless it was insanely major.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Volunteering?

            Originally posted by CollegeGuard View Post
            I have health insurance through my parents so I would just let them take care of it unless it was insanely major.
            And knowing Murphy, you'll break your neck filing papers.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Volunteering?

              Haha anything that can go wrong will go wrong

              Comment

              Working...
              X