X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHA worries

I have a PHA this Saturday. I am worried I am going to pop hot on the drug test for opiates. I have a prescription for Vicodin (Had surgery on my ankle 2 weeks ago, fully recovered, haven't taken one since a day after the surgery, went to battle hand-off the next day)

Re: PHA worries

Take your prescription bottle with you to drill and speak to your First Line Leader, and ask for an audience with the First Sergeant and the Senior Medic. Bring any documentation about the surgery with you as well. As long as everything is on the level, you should be fine.

Comment

Are black low top old fashioned converse approved for wear with the PT uniform?

Comment

Don't bring your medication as if your unit does a random urine analysis they won't take the prescription anyways. The most I'd bring is a letter from doctor stating the diagnosis and prognosis. Even then the PHA contractor will probably screw it up and you'll have to have it redone once you're healed.

My 1SG had knee surgery and got a P3 right after his surgery.

Comment

Sir, do you think the surgical report stating full range of motion and stuff noted, and my doctors cell number will be good enough?

My ankle looks fine, just a cut on the side, no limp and I can run at a 7:30mile pace.

Comment

Originally posted by dva5222 View Post
            I have a PHA this Saturday. I am worried I am going to pop hot on the drug test for opiates. I have a prescription for Vicodin (Had surgery on my ankle 2 weeks ago, fully recovered, haven't taken one since a day after the surgery, went to battle hand-off the next day).
            Actually, if you are drug tested OP, you will eventually need to provide a copy of the prescription (but generally not until your results show you actually "popped hot"). A doctor's note has no weight on this issue; only a prescription that states the drug, the amount taken each time, and the expiration date will excuse you.

Just a note, if the medicine says take for two weeks only, or something similarly specific, make sure you are following those directions! Good Soldiers have been zinged for not following the dosing instructions or taking them once the prescription has expired on the bottle.

Bottom line, if everything is legit, you have nothing to worry about!
            Last edited by RyCass; December 4th, 2012, 07:42 AM.

Comment

More importantly...A drug screen isn't normally part of urinalysis at a PHA. Also, 3 weeks without an opiate is long enough (for an narcotic at least) not to show up.

Comment

111111... No one ever even asked about my ankle, they just took my bp and vision and sent me to see a provider that asked me "If I drank alcohol".

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose772 View Post
                  More importantly...A drug screen isn't normally part of urinalysis at a PHA. Also, 3 weeks without an opiate is long enough (for an narcotic at least) not to show up.
                  Absolutely. Drugs are processed in the body at different rates, so some stick around longer that others. If it's been a while since you took the drugs, there's even less of a chance you'll produce a positive result.

And if anyone is even thinking of it (and doesn't know it by now), marijuana takes a good 30 days to get through an average adult's system; so just don't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by RyCass View Post
                    Actually, if you are drug tested OP, you will eventually need to provide a copy of the prescription (but generally not until your results show you actually "popped hot"). A doctor's note has no weight on this issue; only a prescription that states the drug, the amount taken each time, and the expiration date will excuse you.

Just a note, if the medicine says take for two weeks only, or something similarly specific, make sure you are following those directions! Good Soldiers have been zinged for not following the dosing instructions or taking them once the prescription has expired on the bottle.

Bottom line, if everything is legit, you have nothing to worry about!
                    +1. If you have a legitimate prescription and you are not taking the drugs past the prescription dates then you will be just fine. I have also known good soldiers who got the boot because they took some left over pills from an expired prescription. It doesn't matter if it expired a day ago or a year ago, expired is expired so don't get careless.

Originally posted by Mongoose772 View Post
                    Originally posted by RyCass View Post
                    Absolutely. Drugs are processed in the body at different rates, so some stick around longer that others. If it's been a while since you took the drugs, there's even less of a chance you'll produce a positive result.

And if anyone is even thinking of it (and doesn't know it by now), marijuana takes a good 30 days to get through an average adult's system; so just don't do it.
                    I know the two of you have the best intentions but its best that that kind of information stays quiet. I'd rather joe snuffy think that THC and all other drugs stays in the system for 6+ months, just as an extra deterrent.

Comment

Originally posted by dva5222 View Post
                      111111... No one ever even asked about my ankle, they just took my bp and vision and sent me to see a provider that asked me "If I drank alcohol".
                      PHA's usually are not too strict. Its the SRP's that can be a hassle. I mentioned that I pull my lower back pretty often (2 times a year) and that its likely due to 9+ years of ruck marching and running with my IBA. All I wanted was my back issue documented for future purposes but they gave me a ******* 3 and insisted I get imaging done and get cleared by a doctor otherwise the next step was MED board! Best part was 2 hours after they gave me a 3 and a physical profile I scored a 300 on the APFT. The Army really needs to rethink its system. Just an FYI, be carefull what you say during an SRP.

Comment

Working...
                      X