X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15w life when deployed over-seas?

I've done google search and read countless articles about 15Ws, but none of it really answers my question: What are their day-to-day activities when deployed?
    From what I understand an average day consists of 12hrs operating the UAV unless you're part of the recovery team (they deal with take offs and landings right?). I am curious though because I read that it isn't uncommon for an MOS to be "mis-used" like 35m; instead of doing what they're trained to do, they're given patrols and etc. Is this common with 15ws?

Re: 15w life when deployed over-seas?

One more unrelated question: How long is the gap (if any) between Basic and AIT?

Comment

Please do not concern yourself about deployments as of yet. If the job interests you, then fine.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
        Please do not concern yourself about deployments as of yet. If the job interests you, then fine.
        Exactly. There is no guarantee of anything. Join and do what you're told.

Comment

Originally posted by cz149 View Post
          One more unrelated question: How long is the gap (if any) between Basic and AIT?
          Generally, you can expect to head out to AIT the day after (maybe two, depending) you graduate. If you're looking for an extended leave, you won't get one unless you are Split Training.

Comment

Working...
          X