X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Waivers

You go Robin CONGRATS i pray you succeed far an out . im still waiting on a waiver to physical for the TN ARNG

Comment

Originally posted by robinpugs06 View Post
      Just my bad credit (due to layoffs) which I am working on. Security investigator said if you have a legitimate reason for the bad debt (losing a job) and a plan on how you are working on it then that is a positive. I have paid off my little bills and I am enrolled in a debt consolidation program that I started in August to show that all my bad debt is included and that I am making monthly payments to pay it all off. Also, I am getting a $20,000 bonus - $10,000 paid after BMT and Tech School and I am going to use that finish paying off the bad debt. So - that is my plan, we will see if that is acceptable. Other then that my background is clean!
      Do not waste that money on debt that is already bad. Continue making the minimum payments as little as you can to keep it in a "positive" light until the statute of limitations expire or you are successful in removing it from your report. Wasting 10,000 in lump sum to pay things that will remain on anyway and still hinder your score just isnt the smart way to go. Do something with that money that can make you more money.

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
        Do not waste that money on debt that is already bad. Continue making the minimum payments as little as you can to keep it in a "positive" light until the statute of limitations expire or you are successful in removing it from your report. Wasting 10,000 in lump sum to pay things that will remain on anyway and still hinder your score just isnt the smart way to go. Do something with that money that can make you more money.
        Thanks Staff Sergeant and I know you are right and I agree with you 100%!! The biggest issue with paying myself is that the security personnel in charge of doing the clearance said he would need proof of payment on each of the bad debt. I called my creditors and they said because of the age of the debts they won't send me proof of monthly payment arrangements - they will only send me a letter when it is paid off. I explained this to my recruiter who talked to the security personnel again and explained this and he said to get set up with a debt consolidation company that would have all my creditors listed in the consolidation and show me making monthly payments. As long as everything goes well I will pay everything off on my own with my bonus just so I can be free of that burden hanging over my head. I had stuff removed and paid off the smaller ones but that was all I could really do on my own since no one would give me proof of payment arrangements.

I just need to do what I can now to be able to get my security clearance. The only reason that the bad debt exists is because I got laid off - prior to that I had perfect credit and was never late on a single payment and never overextended myself. I know I am responsible for it but I am not a bad person - just had some bad luck.

We shall see!

Comment

Working...
        X