Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waivers

Since a few of us on here are waiting on waivers I thought I would ask:
    1) If you had to get a waiver recently how long did it take to get an answer?
    2) What time frame estimate did your recruiter give you on when you may get an answer? (If you have gotten an answer already or if you are still waiting)
    3) If you are a recruiter or work in a capacity where you are exposed to waivers, how long are they taking?

Those of us waiting on a waiver answer are waiting patiently and we thank you for your input

Re: Waivers

That is a very good question. I would add what State are they from also.

Comment

Mine was just a flat out no. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by o13starsnstripes View Post
        Mine was just a flat out no. LOL
        I don't know what your's was for but I am sorry

Comment

Originally posted by robinpugs06 View Post
          I don't know what your's was for but I am sorry
          Thank you but its no problem at all. Over the last three years I learned that you don't have a " right " to things in life such as this. Being in the military means your supported by taxes which is someone else's money and you DON'T have a right to someone else's money. Its that simple and that's ok.

Comment

Thank you but its no problem at all. Over the last three years I learned that you don't have a " right " to things in life such as this. Being in the military means your supported by taxes which is someone else's money and you DON'T have a right to someone else's money. Its that simple and that's ok.
            Great attitude! Maybe you will get another chance down the road??!!

Comment

Great attitude! Maybe you will get another chance down the road??!!
              The way I look at it there are plenty of countries in NATO to try and join.

Comment

Me: "Hey SSG, any word on that waiver?"
                Recruiter: "STFU noob. Just be grateful that youre probably going to get one. You will get it when you get it."
                Me: " Roger that SSG!"

Comment

Originally posted by GardenState14J View Post
                  Me: "Hey SSG, any word on that waiver?"
                  Recruiter: "STFU noob. Just be grateful that youre probably going to get one. You will get it when you get it."
                  Me: " Roger that SSG!"

Funny!
                  I haven't talked to my recruiter since going to MEPS 5 weeks ago - I am trying to be patient and leave him alone.

Comment

Robin how is everything coming along with you joining the Air National Guard?

Comment

Robin how is everything coming along with you joining the Air National Guard?
                      On 5 weeks to the day since going to MEPS - waiting on the answer to my medical waiver. If that isn't approved then my packet is set to go to The Army National Guard Bureau.

Comment

On 5 weeks to the day since going to MEPS - waiting on the answer to my medical waiver. If that isn't approved then my packet is set to go to The Army National Guard Bureau.
                        I thought you had given up on the Army National Guard?

Comment

No I didn't give up on The Army National Guard. I was too old on my birthday in August (35) so I decided to stick with The Air Guard. I got a phone call right before going to MEPS from the Army National Guard recruiter that because of the new policy changes I am considered prior service and now I am not too old. But, I would have waited for permission from NGB to physical - which I already had from Air Guard - and since I was already set to go to MEPS, I decided to see how the Air Guard pans out. But, I have a plan B and plan C since medical waivers from the AF and ANG are difficult to get.

(and to anyone who wants to argue with me if I am prior service please don't - the Army National Guard recruiter was told by the NGB that I am)

Comment

No I didn't give up on The Army National Guard. I was too old on my birthday in August (35) so I decided to stick with The Air Guard. I got a phone call right before going to MEPS from the Army National Guard recruiter that because of the new policy changes I am considered prior service and now I am not too old. But, I would have waited for permission from NGB to physical - which I already had from Air Guard - and since I was already set to go to MEPS, I decided to see how the Air Guard pans out. But, I have a plan B and plan C since medical waivers from the AF and ANG are difficult to get.

(and to anyone who wants to argue with me if I am prior service please don't - the Army National Guard recruiter was told by the NGB that I am)
                            Robin thats Great to know! I hope it works out for you and you get one of them! Once the government/state/Powers That Be have ruled on something thats the law of the land and if they say you are prior service than you are prior service!

Comment

Robin thats Great to know! I hope it works out for you and you get one of them! Once the government/state/Powers That Be have ruled on something thats the law of the land and if they say you are prior service than you are prior service!
                              Until they change the policies again

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                              X