X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Success/Next Steps

Well, in spite of a silly Doctor claiming I had severe scoliosis and postponing my enlistment, I have now sworn in with the Kentucky National Guard as an 11-Bravo. I had an x-ray done and do not have any form of scoliosis at all.

I am the short guy on the right in the front row wearing the sweater.

Click image for larger version

Name:	91bbe2ddb4f25cb380c04dd2f157e526.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	363

With that being said, can anyone recommend what steps to take next to ensure my success at Fort Benning? What should I do now to stay on top of things? (Obviously I'm looking for an answer besides RSP)

Thank you in advance, and thanks for providing all of your help thus far.

Re: Success/Next Steps

Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by robinpugs06 View Post
      Congratulations!
      Thank you very much!

Comment

Originally posted by Reagan View Post
        Well, in spite of a silly Doctor claiming I had severe scoliosis and postponing my enlistment, I have now sworn in with the Kentucky National Guard as an 11-Bravo. I had an x-ray done and do not have any form of scoliosis at all.

I am the short guy on the right in the front row wearing the sweater.

Click image for larger version

Name:	91bbe2ddb4f25cb380c04dd2f157e526.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	363

With that being said, can anyone recommend what steps to take next to ensure my success at Fort Benning? What should I do now to stay on top of things? (Obviously I'm looking for an answer besides RSP)

Thank you in advance, and thanks for providing all of your help thus far.
        These things will be crucial to your success between now and shipping.

-Don't get hurt by doing stupid ^%&*

-Don't get arrested for doing stupid *&^%

-Don't wear your ACU's to frat parties because you think it looks cool, you will look like a D0ch3.

-Don't come up will silly reasons to miss RSP drill.

-At Benning, don't think you know it all cause you learned it in RSP and the others haven't.

-Be seen, not heard.

Comment

Oh, and one more thing. Don't let cute girls at RSP and Basic (like the one in the tie dye shirt) distract you from what you are really there for.

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
            These things will be crucial to your success between now and shipping.

-Don't get hurt by doing stupid ^%&*

-Don't get arrested for doing stupid *&^%

-Don't wear your ACU's to frat parties because you think it looks cool, you will look like a D0ch3.

-Don't come up will silly reasons to miss RSP drill.

-At Benning, don't think you know it all cause you learned it in RSP and the others haven't.

-Be seen, not heard.
            Thanks for the advice. I won't wear the ACU's except for Guard Duty.

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
            Oh, and one more thing. Don't let cute girls at RSP and Basic (like the one in the tie dye shirt) distract you from what you are really there for.
            Fair enough..hahaha

Comment

Get in good shape and stay in good shape, in addition to all that ParalegalNCO posted.

Comment

Run, Run, and Run some more. If you make it thru Benning and the DS doesn't remember you.....MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Comment

Originally posted by AIRBORNE View Post
                  Run, Run, and Run some more. If you make it thru Benning and the DS doesn't remember you.....MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
                  Running is my specialty seeing as I'm so light.

So flying under the radar is better than trying to get attention eh? Interesting.

Comment

Attention at BT can go from Good Attention to Bad Attention because you think you know what the DS wants from you in a flip of the switch.......best thing to do is your best and keep your mouth shut........Benning 1994 Grad!!

Comment

Originally posted by AIRBORNE View Post
                      Attention at BT can go from Good Attention to Bad Attention because you think you know what the DS wants from you in a flip of the switch.......best thing to do is your best and keep your mouth shut........Benning 1994 Grad!!
                      Thank you for the response and for your service.

I suppose I'll continue being the quiet one of the bunch, especially if it means getting through Benning in one piece. Reminds me of the following quote:

"Don’t ever mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance, or my kindness for weakness."

Comment

Working...
                      X