Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting married, starting a life but joining?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting married, starting a life but joining?

Hello my name is Chris, I'm 24.
    For years I have been considering joining a branch of the Military for many reasons. Today I am still considering it but for a whole new reason.
    Family of my own.
    I will be getting married July 20th of 2013. (I would rather not ship for BCT until the fall of 2013, thou I may not have a say)
    I do not have a college degree (thou I have over 60 credits of college)

My reasons for joining (We do not have kids)
    Extra income while she brings in her teacher salary which if you know the public school system its not a lot.
    Benefits for my family
    Money for college so my dad who is paying for college can save that money for his older age.
    Gaining a step up in the civilian world, laying solid foundation as a family man while being a solider.
    The honor to follow the path of many men in my life who served.
    Being away from my wife during BCT,AIT and deployment (Normal concern) not a text book answer but strait from family members how does the military protect and serve the family of a solider during the time away?
    BCT: I have a softer side emotionally. (Both a weakness and a strength) how will BCT affect my emotional state? I do not ask to be funny but in seriousness.
    Deployment what does this look like for families?
    Religious practice of family? The text book answer says the military allows the practice of the religious. I am a Christian and so is my to be wife. Will the military during active duty allow the accommodations of private practice?

Keeping in mind that when I say family I mean the now of no kids and the future of with kids.
    I know these answers can be found on the site, I do not want text book answers, I like my answers from the mouth of the real.

Thank you,

Re: Getting married, starting a life but joining?

Originally posted by Chris88 View Post
    Hello my name is Chris, I'm 24.
    For years I have been considering joining a branch of the Military for many reasons. Today I am still considering it but for a whole new reason.
    Family of my own.
    I will be getting married July 20th of 2013. (I would rather not ship for BCT until the fall of 2013, thou I may not have a say)
    I do not have a college degree (thou I have over 60 credits of college)

My reasons for joining (We do not have kids)
    Extra income while she brings in her teacher salary which if you know the public school system its not a lot.
    Benefits for my family
    Money for college so my dad who is paying for college can save that money for his older age.
    Gaining a step up in the civilian world, laying solid foundation as a family man while being a solider.
    The honor to follow the path of many men in my life who served.
    Being away from my wife during BCT,AIT and deployment (Normal concern) not a text book answer but strait from family members how does the military protect and serve the family of a solider during the time away?
    BCT: I have a softer side emotionally. (Both a weakness and a strength) how will BCT affect my emotional state? I do not ask to be funny but in seriousness.
    Deployment what does this look like for families?
    Religious practice of family? The text book answer says the military allows the practice of the religious. I am a Christian and so is my to be wife. Will the military during active duty allow the accommodations of private practice?

Keeping in mind that when I say family I mean the now of no kids and the future of with kids.
    I know these answers can be found on the site, I do not want text book answers, I like my answers from the mouth of the real.

Thank you,
    You don't want textbook answers but you're willing to take answers from a bunch of people on an internet forum that can pretend to be anyone? You need to find ARNG members who you can speak face to face with on this issue.

Comment

Re: Getting married, starting a life but joining?

Plus, this question has been asked countless times from people like you on this forum. If you search on here, you will see. Anyway, you will do fine.

Comment

Working...
      X