X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moral waivers

i've read that the moral waivers are not being taken now, and i get that. Does anyone know when they will start accepting them again, or how long the suspension is normally in place for?

Re: moral waivers

Talk to a recruiter. Some states are still giving out waivers for certain minor things.
    When will it change? Who knows? Policies change constantly.

Comment

Originally posted by iTwitchE View Post
      i've read that the moral waivers are not being taken now, and i get that. Does anyone know when they will start accepting them again, or how long the suspension is normally in place for?
      Exactly. Your best course of action is to keep connected with a recruiter. There's no word as of right now if or when the suspension will be lifted.

Comment

Originally posted by RyCass View Post
        Exactly. Your best course of action is to keep connected with a recruiter. There's no word as of right now if or when the suspension will be lifted.

Can you take a look at my other thread posted in the enlistment section. I don't even know of I require a waiver or not for my situation. I'm gonna assume yes, but again I'm not sure.

Comment

Can you take a look at my other thread posted in the enlistment section. I don't even know of I require a waiver or not for my situation. I'm gonna assume yes, but again I'm not sure.

Sure! I'll take a look.

Comment

Sure! I'll take a look.
            I responded to you with more details through PM. To sum up my message, I would encourage you to take a look at AR 601-210 for more details on the different categories of offenses (specifically, Chapter 4); specifically the major versus minor offenses. Also, be sure to refer to your recruiter for your enlistment options. Here's how to get connected to one if you're not working with one: Pre-Qualification form

Comment

I responded to you with more details through PM. To sum up my message, I would encourage you to take a look at AR 601-210 for more details on the different categories of offenses (specifically, Chapter 4); specifically the major versus minor offenses. Also, be sure to refer to your recruiter for your enlistment options. Here's how to get connected to one if you're not working with one: Pre-Qualification form

Thank you very much for your response. My recruiter will be pulling my records this week to see if i am eligible or not. I will keep everyone posted!

Comment

Thank you very much for your response. My recruiter will be pulling my records this week to see if i am eligible or not. I will keep everyone posted!
                I'll be taking my asvab next Tuesday!!!! My recruiter said my background check cleared!! Very excited!

Comment

I'll be taking my asvab next Tuesday!!!! My recruiter said my background check cleared!! Very excited!
                  That is great - best of luck, keep us posted!
                  And this is a PERFECT example of why people should talk to a recruiter and not rely on the word of people on here - regardless of how knowledgeable and helpful they are!
                  Last edited by robinpugs06; November 14th, 2012, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by robinpugs06 View Post
                    And this is a PERFECT example of why people should talk to a recruiter and not rely on the word of people on here - regardless of how knowledgeable and helpful they are!
                    Can you please elaborate on the "example"?

Comment

Everyone is saying how moral waivers aren't being accepted and if you have pretty much any criminal record you will need moral waiver. The OP started off his post with the assumption that he couldn't join due to needing a moral waiver - due to what he has read - and wondered when they would be accepted again. He ended up talking to a recruiter and his background check came back clear and he is starting the enlistment process. Had he just taken the word of what he read on this forum and the assumption that he would need a moral waiver then he would be sitting around waiting instead of moving forward like he is. Luckily, he took the advice to go see a recruiter!

I mean no offense to anyone on here. People on this forum have great advice and are very knowledgeable but everyone's case is different and ultimately the best place to get accurate, up to date information is to speak to a recruiter.
                      Last edited by robinpugs06; November 14th, 2012, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by robinpugs06 View Post
                        Everyone is saying how moral waivers aren't being accepted and he started off his post with the assumption that he couldn't join due to needing a moral waiver and wondered when they would be accepted again. He ended up talking to a recruiter and his background check came back clear and he is starting the enlistment process. Had he just taken the word of what he read on this forum and the assumption that he would need a moral waiver then he would be sitting around waiting instead of moving forward like he is.
                        hmmmm

http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...966#post170966

Also, people told him to go see a recruiter. We can't force him to see one but we can at least arm him with knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Loki View Post
                          hmmmm

http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...966#post170966

Also, people told him to go see a recruiter. We can't force him to see one but we can at least arm him with knowledge.
                          Right! And that is why I said it is a good example of why people should go see a recruiter. The OP followed that advice and is now in the process of enlisting.

Comment

He didn't even need to get a moral waiver... how do we know if he did need one, that it would still be accepted?

And when people say that they shouldn't trust this website, it's sort of a slap in the face. Especially when the SMEs tell the potential recruits to see a recruiter. They're doing everything you're denouncing them about. This is the second person within 2 hours to make this comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Loki View Post
                              He didn't even need to get a moral waiver... how do we know if he did need one, that it would still be accepted?

And when people say that they shouldn't trust this website, it's sort of a slap in the face. Especially when the SMEs tell the potential recruits to see a recruiter. They're doing everything you're denouncing them about. This is the second person within 2 hours to make this comment.
                              EXACTLY - he didn't need a waiver but based on what he was reading he thought he did and was therefore thought he was not eligible right now.
                              I never said you can't trust this website. You are twisting what I said. What I said was he had read that because he had been arrested he would need a moral waiver and he was wondering when they would be accepted again. As it turns out he doesn't seem to need one and the only way he could truly find this out was to go talk to a recruiter. People on this site are very knowledgeable - I never said they weren't. But, a recruiter (and there are only a few on here) is the best source of current policies, etc.

I have done nothing but praise this site and thank people for all the help they have given me. I have gotten some great information on this site from some very knowledgeable people. I am a member of a few other forums and I have always liked how this site was - for the most part - no judgmental and flame free. This seems to be changing though and that is too bad and I hope that isn't the case.
                              Last edited by robinpugs06; November 14th, 2012, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X