X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can a single mother of 2 join?

I will be 30 in May 27th. I was searching on craigslist. I saw the post about NG. I am frighten to speak to recruiter because in 2000, 2003, and 2006. I felt Navy recuriters are salers. My early 20s, I was adviced from Navy recruiter to take my Associate degree before enter the military. I was homeless in NYC to have a roof in my head even if I had two jobs. I was transferred to Cali. I entered Heald College, then I got pregnant. I came from abusived Aunt and molested Uncle. I ran away when I turned 18. I wanted to leave as I turned 14. I didnt want to have missing child report. I separated from my ex fiance. I was moving constantly, it was hard to stay focus in school, work, and moving from room to rooms. Shelter to shelters. I have no relatives and friends in NYC and Cali. In 2005, I used to send money to my biological mom. I was told that I have Post truamatic Stress Disoder from my childhood negative experiences and 1 bad relationship. I know I am truama from a man who want a child and abandon after. The person got confused by another woman. I depart from him because I cared for my future and my child to not suffer liked I had. I was dissapointed in me that I couldnt get into Navy. Thought of NG because the age limit is until 38. For the reason why I wanted to go to NG because I need help in school. My situation right now, I am under collection and student loans are increasing. I cannot have 2 jobs like I did in NYC. I had 3 jobs in 2006, I started meeting wrong people. Now that I have a child, secure daycare and babysitting is a problem to me. If I return to work or school, who will pick my kid, etc. I got fired from work because of lateness. I was dropped out of college. I stayed in Concord, CA since 2010 for my child to her dad. Now she is 4. She barely see her dad. It would be harder to not see me that often and her dad. I need to go back to school. I cannot return to school without paying my student loans. It will take years to pay it off. My mom is around her 70. I feel it is a dead end to me before I read on Craigslist. I cared for my kid before entering HS, I dont mind to get deploy. My concern is the ASVAB test is my weakness to pass a high score. I was dropped but I am determine to finish from what I had started is Medical coding and billing. I want to know if you gut offer help to pass the asvab test. After I gave birth to my child, I have astma. I use v.pump for breathing (I do not use it as often though, only when I get cold/flu).

Thank you for reading this. I am curious of your insight for my side.
    Sorry to hear about your struggles. Unfortunately, your asthma, alone, is a disqualification for enlistment.

Comment

Re: Can a single mother of 2 join?

Originally posted by amgielita View Post
      I will be 30 in May 27th. I was searching on craigslist. I saw the post about NG. I am frighten to speak to recruiter because in 2000, 2003, and 2006. I felt Navy recuriters are salers. My early 20s, I was adviced from Navy recruiter to take my Associate degree before enter the military. I was homeless in NYC to have a roof in my head even if I had two jobs. I was transferred to Cali. I entered Heald College, then I got pregnant. I came from abusived Aunt and molested Uncle. I ran away when I turned 18. I wanted to leave as I turned 14. I didnt want to have missing child report. I separated from my ex fiance. I was moving constantly, it was hard to stay focus in school, work, and moving from room to rooms. Shelter to shelters. I have no relatives and friends in NYC and Cali. In 2005, I used to send money to my biological mom. I was told that I have Post truamatic Stress Disoder from my childhood negative experiences and 1 bad relationship. I know I am truama from a man who want a child and abandon after. The person got confused by another woman. I depart from him because I cared for my future and my child to not suffer liked I had. I was dissapointed in me that I couldnt get into Navy. Thought of NG because the age limit is until 38. For the reason why I wanted to go to NG because I need help in school. My situation right now, I am under collection and student loans are increasing. I cannot have 2 jobs like I did in NYC. I had 3 jobs in 2006, I started meeting wrong people. Now that I have a child, secure daycare and babysitting is a problem to me. If I return to work or school, who will pick my kid, etc. I got fired from work because of lateness. I was dropped out of college. I stayed in Concord, CA since 2010 for my child to her dad. Now she is 4. She barely see her dad. It would be harder to not see me that often and her dad. I need to go back to school. I cannot return to school without paying my student loans. It will take years to pay it off. My mom is around her 70. I feel it is a dead end to me before I read on Craigslist. I cared for my kid before entering HS, I dont mind to get deploy. My concern is the ASVAB test is my weakness to pass a high score. I was dropped but I am determine to finish from what I had started is Medical coding and billing. I want to know if you gut offer help to pass the asvab test. After I gave birth to my child, I have astma. I use v.pump for breathing (I do not use it as often though, only when I get cold/flu).

Thank you for reading this. I am curious of your insight for my side.
      I personally don't think you have a chance for enlistment at all. There many things in your story that make you extremely undesirable for the military. And as RyCass said, your medical issues at the end there are the nail in the coffin.

Comment

Working...
      X