X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Out of State

I have yet to go to Basic and AIT. After all training is complete I will be drilling one weekend every month with my unit. Would I be able to move out of the current state I am registered with and reside in? What kind of complications would I run into? I would still go to my unit location and drill with them. Thanks for the comments.

Re: Moving Out of State

Originally posted by Justin Castleman View Post
    I have yet to go to Basic and AIT. After all training is complete I will be drilling one weekend every month with my unit. Would I be able to move out of the current state I am registered with and reside in? What kind of complications would I run into? I would still go to my unit location and drill with them. Thanks for the comments.
    Search "Interstate Transfer" or "IST".

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
      Search "Interstate Transfer" or "IST".
      Agreed. The short answer is, yes, IST is most possible after training. Talk to your Readiness NCO once you get to your unit. IST is a comparatively easy process providing both units are communicating and all the paperwork is in order.

Comment

I was rereading your post and you said: "I would still go to my unit location and drill with them." Are you asking if you can move out of state but stay with your current state's Guard and unit?

Comment

If that is the case, the answer is YES again. You are able to drill with a unit in one state, while living in another.

Comment

I knew many soldiers that served in the Guard and lived in another state (e.g. NY Guard and lived in Jersey and Connecticut).

Comment

Working...
            X