X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drug Test Reporting

If you fail a drug test while on drill status, and you DO NOT hold a security clearance, is this drug test reported and/or recorded at any of the National Agencies for future reference (OPM, DSS, etc). Basically, will it show up on a National Agency Check in the future? IF it is reported to any National Agencies for recording, how long is the record maintained? Please do not respond with what you think should/could/may happen or your non-factual opinion. I am hoping to hear from someone who clearly knows and understands the reporting process. I read a lot on this site and try to use the search function often but I am coming up short. I am hoping someone cut and dry like paralegalNCO or similar might answer this question.

Thanks for your time.

Re: Drug Test Reporting

Originally posted by knowpseudo View Post
    If you fail a drug test while on drill status, and you DO NOT hold a security clearance, is this drug test reported and/or recorded at any of the National Agencies for future reference (OPM, DSS, etc). Basically, will it show up on a National Agency Check in the future? IF it is reported to any National Agencies for recording, how long is the record maintained? Please do not respond with what you think should/could/may happen or your non-factual opinion. I am hoping to hear from someone who clearly knows and understands the reporting process. I read a lot on this site and try to use the search function often but I am coming up short. I am hoping someone cut and dry like paralegalNCO or similar might answer this question.

Thanks for your time.
    I am not aware of any computer database or reporting procedure that would house such a record. However, any investigation into you basic military record may reveal such an incidence if you we're flagged and things of that nature were uploaded into iperms.

Comment

Oh, one more thing.....don't smoke dope.

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
        Oh, one more thing.....don't smoke dope.
        Drug tests don't have sh*t on Lance Armstrong.

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies, and I don't anymore… learned my lesson the hard way.

Comment

knowpsuedo=cmonster??????

Comment

That was quick chief. Not sure how you did that. Its just embarrassing to have to ask these questions, but now that I am older and I have ETS'd it seems important to understand my only negative merit. If you refer to an older post I have on here, I am trying to put together what the process was that I was subject to when I popped. I believe I have a right to know these things but getting answers is tough.

Comment

The typical process *should* include reporting this as a derogatory incident in JPAS, whether you have a clearance or not. It's a 50/50 chance on whether your state or unit has this setup properly and follows through.

Regardless, eventually your military records will be checked during an investigation as well. It might be on this clearance, it might be 10 years down the road. So, while it may not be reported properly, it will be on your service record and found eventually.

The answer is dependent on the unit so "should" or "might" is the only answer. If your unit is fairly "high speed" and has a good S1/G1 as well as S2/G2 and the state security manager knows his stuff, then yes, an incident report will be filed and when it comes investigation or adjudication time, you will answer for it and if you left it off your submission of eQip or SF-86, you will answer for that as well.
                Last edited by show_stopper999; October 23rd, 2012, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Also...answering for leaving it off is harder than answering for the actual incident.

Comment

I wasn't trying to deceive anyone, I just wanted a straight answer so I can be informed about my on life. Like I said its just embarrassing to have to ask about this at this point in my life.

Comment

I'm not saying you were deceiving anyone, just giving you a heads up that if you're thinking about "forgetting" about it or have already "forgot" to mention it, it will be found eventually. Its always better to come clean about it and beat them to the punch.

Not long ago I had someone come talk to me about how he lied on an SF-86. I told him to come clean (he was now up for re-investigation). He did so and after some interviews and explanation, he was fine.

Comment

Sorry I posted that part before your comments had posted. No I'm fine I have a good career with a civilian employer that doesn't require clearance. Just a few career moves in my friends lives have made me wonder about my own situation. I've always been up front about it even when my dream job was almost secure. Just a Type A that's all. Thanks for the response.

Comment

Working...
                        X