Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fraternization?

Originally posted by Explosive Hazard View Post
    Active Guard or Title 32 status is different then active duty Title 10. On T10 all the rules of the UCMJ apply where T32 falls under that states rules.
    No. While they may not be subject to the UCMJ they are still bound by the rules in AR 600-20 for relationships of soldiers with different ranks. The rules remain the same. What options you have to enforce those rules differ among states.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Incognito View Post
      No. While they may not be subject to the UCMJ they are still bound by the rules in AR 600-20 for relationships of soldiers with different ranks. The rules remain the same. What options you have to enforce those rules differ among states.
      This is from 600-20

414. Relationships between Soldiers of different rank c. (1) In the case of Army National Guard or United States Army Reserve personnel, this prohibition does not apply to relationships that exist due to their civilian occupation or employment.

(2) Dating -

(c) Personal relationships between members of the National Guard or Army Reserve, when the relationship primarily
      exists due to civilian acquaintanceships, unless the individuals are on active duty (other than annual training), on full-time National Guard duty (other than annual training), or serving as a dual status military technician.

(d) Personal relationships between members of the Regular Army and members of the National Guard or Army Reserve when the relationship primarily exists due to civilian association and the Reserve component member is not on active duty (other than annual training), on full-time National Guard duty (other than annual training), or serving as a dual status military technician.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose772 View Post
        First your post's grammar is atrocious. Secondly, while fraternization is potentially a chargeable offense under the UCMJ, Guardsmen not serving on active duty are not subject to the UCMJ. There is even a caveat that makes the entire issue moot if the relationship predates or is primarily a result of outside civilian contact. Ultimately the intent of the articles is to ensure good order and discipline. There are a variety of issues that CAN negatively effect unit operations. A company commander having a romantic relationship with one of his junior enlisted personnel could cause a host of problems, but a Sergeant dating that same Captain who is in another unit and doesn't have any chain of command influence is really not significant in any way. I would say stop witch hunting and mind your own business unless it's OBVIOUSLY creating some kind of real inequity that you can demonstrate.
        I have no opinion on this matter because I mind my own business. Everyone that enlists in the Armed Forces goes through a litany of counselings before they're even MOS qualified. Let the chips fall where they may.

Comment

im active enlisted in other branch of service and also the ex husband of the enlisted. i have the email that my ex wife send out admit that the officer are sleeping over while im out to sea. i found his ring with the ex wife(enlisted). so should i not be affected by it since the result of investigation did not see it as fraternization and possibility of a adultery? so this is not fall into UCMJ?

Comment

Originally posted by D4TUN81 View Post
            im active enlisted in other branch of service and also the ex husband of the enlisted. i have the email that my ex wife send out admit that the officer are sleeping over while im out to sea. i found his ring with the ex wife(enlisted). so should i not be affected by it since the result of investigation did not see it as fraternization and possibility of a adultery? so this is not fall into UCMJ?
            You should not be effected if it is an ex. Seems to me like you want to play soap opera.

Comment

If it's your EX wife, as in you are legally divorced, then why do you care who sleeps with who? It doesnt matter. Your relationship with her is terminated. If she wants to sleep with everyone or nobody, its not your business. The longer you stay wrapped up in caring what she's up to and trying to find ways to get people in trouble, the longer you will struggle with this and the worse you look.

I'm assuming you guys aren't friends since you're actively looking for a way to get her and her potential partner in trouble...if so, why are you bothering with emails or personal contact at all with someone you're not even friends with and you actively dislike? If the marriage was sour enough to go through a legal divorce on an unfriendly basis, is that someone you even want to be in contact with? If you dont have children together, you dont get along, why is that person even in your life at all?

Would you be acting this way if it was just two people you dont know? Probably not, so you're spending time being spiteful.

Why waste time on what an ex is doing?

All around bad form. Time for some growing up. People who act this way and cant handle themselves maturely at the end of a relationship cause so many problems it's ridiculous.
              Last edited by show_stopper999; March 5th, 2013, 07:53 PM.

Comment

"There is nothing so far away as 5 minutes ago."

Let it go. Nothing good can come out of looking back.

Comment

Originally posted by D4TUN81 View Post
                  Do you think you're the only person to have gone through what you're going through?

I wouldn't waste 5 seconds of my time with a woman that I'm no longer involved with no matter what the hell she's doing with whom.

Let. It. Go.

Walk away. Deal with your own conflict and heartbreak and turn a new leaf. Forgive and forget. Learn from your mistakes and get yourself another woman.

TOO EASY.

Comment

I had a suspicion it was something of this nature with an axe to grind.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris36 View Post
                      This is from 600-20

4–14. Relationships between Soldiers of different rank c. (1) In the case of Army National Guard or United States Army Reserve personnel, this prohibition does not apply to relationships that exist due to their civilian occupation or employment.

(2) Dating -

(c) Personal relationships between members of the National Guard or Army Reserve, when the relationship primarily
                      exists due to civilian acquaintanceships, unless the individuals are on active duty (other than annual training), on full-time National Guard duty (other than annual training), or serving as a dual status military technician.

(d) Personal relationships between members of the Regular Army and members of the National Guard or Army Reserve when the relationship primarily exists due to civilian association and the Reserve component member is not on active duty (other than annual training), on full-time National Guard duty (other than annual training), or serving as a dual status military technician.
                      I don't understand why you posted this a second time quoting me, as if I said something incorrect. My statement was spot on. If you are on AGR status, ADOS in a title 32 status or military tech status you are still bound by the rules as a regular army title 10 soldier concerning relationships of different rank....although it may not be enforced with UCMJ type punishment. State code and admin actions are still in play.
                      Last edited by Mr.Incognito; March 14th, 2013, 08:19 PM.

Comment

I don't understand why you posted this a second time quoting me, as if I said something incorrect. My statement was spot on. If you are on AGR status, ADOS in a title 32 status or military tech status you are still bound by the rules as a regular army title 10 soldier concerning relationships of different rank....although it may not be enforced with UCMJ type punishment. State code and admin actions are still in play.
                        You don't understand because you are blinded by paranoia Paralegal. I wasn't trying to correct you, everything you said is correct, so is what I posted if they are NOT in one of the statuses you posted, This was already hashed out (3 years ago) before I enlisted and I was already dating my current husband. We spoke with his COC and everything you said and I quoted is correct. The OP simply has an ax to grind anyway.

So find someone else to pick on semantics with.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris36 View Post
                          You don't understand because you are blinded by paranoia Paralegal. I wasn't trying to correct you, everything you said is correct, so is what I posted if they are NOT in one of the statuses you posted, This was already hashed out (3 years ago) before I enlisted and I was already dating my current husband. We spoke with his COC and everything you said and I quoted is correct. The OP simply has an ax to grind anyway.

So find someone else to pick on semantics with.
                          Wasn't picking on you. It was a genuine "I wonder what he is pointing out" type question. I think you and I spoke on this topic in the past before anyways. All is good here.

Comment

Wasn't picking on you. It was a genuine "I wonder what he is pointing out" type question. I think you and I spoke on this topic in the past before anyways. All is good here.
                            It's cool, I didn't think you were. I know to stay in my lane; I was just trying to help and give 'DA' more info.....apparently unnecessary considering his motive.

Didn't mean to ruffle feathers.

Comment

Working...
                            X