X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change ship date

I recently swore into the MA Army National Guard and signed my contract this month. I just received a letters of acceptance for Norwich, VMI, and the Citadel. Norwich moved their matriculation date "Rook Week" one day earlier than I was told. I would also miss matriculation dates for VMI and the Citadel I contacted the admissions office and was told that I could no join the Corps of Cadets if I was not there on time, even a day late. I graduate June 7 from high school and my ship date is set to be a few days after that. I think that's the earliest I can get it. Is there anything I can do or am I stuck? Any help or information would be great. Thank you

Re: Change ship date

Just to clarify, you are running into an issue where your BCT date will make you late for matriculation, correct? Have you talked to your recruiter yet about postponing your shipping date?

Comment

Yes BCT will make me 1 day late for matriculation. He said that since I am Split Op that is the only ship date possible for me since it is only 3 days after graduation

Comment

You can renegotiate your contract, as long as you are not within 90 days of shipping. Talk to your RRNCO, immediately.

Comment

Okay thank you

Comment

He/She may give you the run around because it involves work. If this fails talk with your RSP cadre about moving your ship date.

Comment

Working...
            X