X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reasons to List for Conditional Release

It's that time of year again and I once again will try to go Active Duty. I've ISTed from Virginia to Florida so I'm not sure if SOPs change a little differently or if it is uniform all over.

My recruiter is going to fax me the 368 and I goto drill this weekend so I will try to get my CO and BC to sign it. My main concern however is on the 4106(?) I have to list my reasons.

I know I can list hardship, but do I really have one? I do currently and can continue to live with family, but I'm 23 soon to be 24, and it just gets tiresome. I desire to be independent. I know my family won't ever throw me out on the street(I hope.....), but I want them to see me excel. With my current job + guard pay I bring home probably about 1800/mo. I was going to school, but when I ISTed from Virginia to Florida my TA did not process because of GoArmyEd(they admitted fault). So now I'm stuck with a $3300 bill from my previous school, and I can't attend one from down here until I get the Official Transcript from that school, which of course I can't recieve until I pay off the balance. I don't think I need to explain to anyone on this board the value of an education, and in this economy, it takes a whole lot of it right now to even just survive! My Dad has a PH.D and he's been unemployed for almost 9 months!

Quite frankly, I'm just sick and tired of civillian life. I want to start LIVING. When I look over all the things I could do in the civillian world, there's only one profession I really want in the first place and that's a Commerical Airline Pilot. Honestly though I'd rather fly for the military. I don't ETS until 10 Sep 2014, but should I have to endure this for that much longer?

So I guess from an outside perspective and for those more knowledgeable on the subject, do I have a hardship? Or is there something else I could list? Thanks for all who will read and respond.

Re: Reasons to List for Conditional Release

Originally posted by Zero259 View Post
    It's that time of year again and I once again will try to go Active Duty. I've ISTed from Virginia to Florida so I'm not sure if SOPs change a little differently or if it is uniform all over.

My recruiter is going to fax me the 368 and I goto drill this weekend so I will try to get my CO and BC to sign it. My main concern however is on the 4106(?) I have to list my reasons.

I know I can list hardship, but do I really have one? I do currently and can continue to live with family, but I'm 23 soon to be 24, and it just gets tiresome. I desire to be independent. I know my family won't ever throw me out on the street(I hope.....), but I want them to see me excel. With my current job + guard pay I bring home probably about 1800/mo. I was going to school, but when I ISTed from Virginia to Florida my TA did not process because of GoArmyEd(they admitted fault). So now I'm stuck with a $3300 bill from my previous school, and I can't attend one from down here until I get the Official Transcript from that school, which of course I can't recieve until I pay off the balance. I don't think I need to explain to anyone on this board the value of an education, and in this economy, it takes a whole lot of it right now to even just survive! My Dad has a PH.D and he's been unemployed for almost 9 months!

Quite frankly, I'm just sick and tired of civillian life. I want to start LIVING. When I look over all the things I could do in the civillian world, there's only one profession I really want in the first place and that's a Commerical Airline Pilot. Honestly though I'd rather fly for the military. I don't ETS until 10 Sep 2014, but should I have to endure this for that much longer?

So I guess from an outside perspective and for those more knowledgeable on the subject, do I have a hardship? Or is there something else I could list? Thanks for all who will read and respond.
    Your reason is that you want to go Active Duty, just be honest with them...make it tactful and explain you have financial situations and can make a better life that way.

Have you checked the regular Army's prior service business rules to see if they are taking your MOS for prior service?

Comment

I have checked and yes I do qualify so far. I cited this post I saw a few days ago and my recruiter confirmed it. I am a 74D and 25Q.

http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...e-duty-message

Comment

Originally posted by Zero259 View Post
        I have checked and yes I do qualify so far. I cited this post I saw a few days ago and my recruiter confirmed it. I am a 74D and 25Q.

http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...e-duty-message
        On my DA 4187; I listed due to lack of job opportunities in my area. You live in Florida so that is a valid statement lol. It is really that simple. You can have a real serious reason on that form and it will still be up to the decision of your command.

Comment

Thank You. Did you get approved with your reason? How long does it take State to do so? Do I have to bug them every single day as usual? Unlike in Va where Ft. Pickett was 2.5 hours away I'm only 30 minutes from Camp Blanding, so if I have to go whine and beg a few times I don't mind.

Comment

Actually, my request was lost the first time but there was a full-timer that worked at my unit that helped me get it move through the channels quicker the second time. This was in 2003. A different time.

Comment

I've built pretty good rapport with my UA, Readiness & Training NCO so I should hopefully be able to push it through the first time. My 1SG is another story altogether, he doesn't really associate with the rest of the unit he just stays in his office. With the way times are now, I probably only get one shot in the first place, so I'll try to make it count. Or else it might be one more year. I'll try to keep things updated as they move along.

Comment

Sorry for the double post, but has anybody ever met personally with their respective TAGs? I was thinking rather than sending it "up the chain", as long as I got my signature from my CO and BC first, can't I schedule an appointment to meet with the TAG or at least drop my 368 and 4187 off at his office? I can't remember what the form is, I believe it is a DA 202? The Active Recruiter gave it to me but it's basically a form where the person I give it to must sign and take ownership? So if I get my CO and BC to sign first and drop it off at the TAG's office, who ever I deliver it to is personally responsible for the paper trail? Am I going about this in my mind the right way?

Comment

meeting personally with your TAG is NOT an option.

Comment

Originally posted by HR NCO View Post
                    meeting personally with your TAG is NOT an option.
                    In other words, dropping paperwork off yourself to the TAG office is to step outside the chain of command; something that is highly frowned upon and makes you come across as disrespectful of their position. Give your CO a chance to do their job. What you can do is make sure everything is in order and that you keep the lines of communication open.

Comment

You can also get a letter from a Chaplain to add to your packet.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post
                        You can also get a letter from a Chaplain to add to your packet.

Great suggestion!

Comment

Working...
                        X