X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranks Promotion in the Guard.

I want to join the Reserves, and go to Georgia Military College and join their ECP program, providing I qualify. What I'm wondering is, if serving in the guard will put me in a high standard at college or what? Would I be able to be both in the Reserves and go to GMC? Also, what if while I'm in college, I get promoted in the Reserves (I know chance is rare) to PFC. Then While in my 2 year stint in college, get promoted to CPL. Again, I know the chance of this happening is rare/highly-unlikely, but were talking about "what if's". Okay suppose I get E1 (PFC). What if the day I'm to be promoted, something at my school ROTC Event or State Test, stops me from going? Would the Army override and say for me to come and the college would say okay? Or what? Now despite how stupid you think this is, I don't know, so don't be an ass e.g. " Really? You expect to be promoted while in the reserves while in ROTC? ". Now from what I read http://goo.gl/BKfPf, I can be consider for promotion for E2 if I completed 1 or 2 years of JROTC.

Re: Ranks Promotion in the Guard.

Part 2 of Original Thread:

What if on Day 3 I will the lottery and I buy a star and become a Brigadier General? What if I was away at band camp while this happened?...

...What if I used the search feature on this forum instead of posting some complete non-sense that no sane poster would know where to start to help me?

Comment

Originally posted by DaltonBroadus View Post
      I want to join the Reserves, and go to Georgia Military College and join their ECP program, providing I qualify. What I'm wondering is, if serving in the guard will put me in a high standard at college or what? Would I be able to be both in the Reserves and go to GMC? Also, what if while I'm in college, I get promoted in the Reserves (I know chance is rare) to PFC. Then While in my 2 year stint in college, get promoted to CPL. Again, I know the chance of this happening is rare/highly-unlikely, but were talking about "what if's". Okay suppose I get E1 (PFC). What if the day I'm to be promoted, something at my school ROTC Event or State Test, stops me from going? Would the Army override and say for me to come and the college would say okay? Or what? Now despite how stupid you think this is, I don't know, so don't be an ass e.g. " Really? You expect to be promoted while in the reserves while in ROTC? ". Now from what I read http://goo.gl/BKfPf, I can be consider for promotion for E2 if I completed 1 or 2 years of JROTC.
      E1=Private (E Fuzzy)
      E2=Private
      E3=Private First Class

Comment

You have asked a disjointed series of questions which implicitly give away your obvious unwillingness to do a little research and find anything out for yourself.

Sit down, organize your thoughts, and articulate exactly what it is you are trying to determine. You are off to a bad start with this infantile sequence of "what if"s.
        Last edited by Jersey Dirtbag; October 3rd, 2012, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WIBecky74 View Post
          E1=Private (E Fuzzy)
          E2=Private
          E3=Private First Class
          Please. I don't often beg, but I am begging now. Do not feed these guys; make them figure these things out on their own.

Comment

SMH because I do not know why he has an E1-PFC lol avatar rank. But yet posted the link that have the proper information.

http://www.nationalguard.com/careers...and-promotions
            Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; October 3rd, 2012, 01:07 PM.

Comment

youve got to be kidding me. ive been further even more deided to use even go need to do lookmore as anyone can. can you really be fareven as decided half as much to use go wish for that? my guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. its just common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by show_stopper999 View Post
                youve got to be kidding me. ive been further even more deided to use even go need to do lookmore as anyone can. can you really be fareven as decided half as much to use go wish for that? my guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. its just common sense.
                Finally...some clarity

Comment

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by HR NCO View Post
                    Finally...some clarity
                    http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/has-an...look-more-like

Booya!

I'd like to bring everyone's attention to another post made by this original poster:

http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...te-sure-really

Why if I went into ROTC ECP program, which my dad did but was unable to complete due to medical reasons, would I graduate in 2 years. But if I go into a regular ROTC program, I would graduate in four. I do plan on going into GMC where my dad attended, of course that's if I qualify and such.
                    Because next to eventually becoming a MP for a embassy or consulate, or even a American Base in a foreign country, or even one in even in the states. I would also like to go into the army as an officer. Another question is if I do become a 2nd Lt. fist, then decide to go into the Marines or go to the State Department to become a MP. Would I have to through basic training, or would I not have to due to rank and prior service. Also, if I become a 2nd Lt., would I still hold my rank as an 2nd Lt. in the Marines (http://www.navyreserve.com/joining/a...nverter.html)?
                    Last edited by Polo08816; October 3rd, 2012, 01:19 PM.

Comment

This is the same guy who posted this thread:

http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...te-sure-really

Dude...get your act together. Are you fourteen or what?

Comment

Not sure why there is always a need for a dog pile.....

OP, skip your promotion questions. Go to the commissioning section and do a search for early commissioning programs. They are not as great as they sound.

Comment

A beauty in prose. You own this.

Comment

Working...
                          X