X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: my recruiter isn't doing his job

Ah yes you are correct. OP would've been 20 when said charge was brought against him.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post
      There's a lot involved in putting someone into the Guard. There could be a valid reason that the recruiter has not done it yet. He may be waiting for something else to happen. It's a delicate dance.

If it's any comfort, I had to wait a year in order to enlist. Timing is everything. Don't give up yet.
      Exactly. I started talking to my recruiter in October 2010 and wasn't sworn in until May 2012. Patience, patience, patience. Push comes to shove, just go see your recruiter and have a talk with him. Ask him what the problem is and if there is anything you can do to help expedite the process.

Comment

Originally posted by robinpugs06 View Post
        Where in CT are you?
        Im in New Haven

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post
          There's a lot involved in putting someone into the Guard. There could be a valid reason that the recruiter has not done it yet. He may be waiting for something else to happen. It's a delicate dance.

If it's any comfort, I had to wait a year in order to enlist. Timing is everything. Don't give up yet.

Thank you. I really want to do this so I'm willing to wait as long as possible. I just don't want to be left in the dark

Comment

Originally posted by gheart68w View Post
            If you were in ROTC why didn't you commission after that? I was under the impression that if you continued in an ROTC program after 2 years that you had an enlistment agreement. Is there anyway your ROTC command could help you with this, maybe with the campus police? HR has a point though. Recruiters are so overwhelmed nowadays as so many people are trying to enlist and they have to prioritize who they can get in quickly without waivers etc. Good luck!
            Long story short no contracts and I did it for 3 years and they were giving contracts to freshman but none of the juniors or seniors. They weren't really trying to help and I was from the north and the school was in the south.

Comment

Originally posted by Moses1291 View Post
              Long story short no contracts and I did it for 3 years and they were giving contracts to freshman but none of the juniors or seniors. They weren't really trying to help and I was from the north and the school was in the south.
              This doesn't really make sense. Traditionally, ROTC "contracts" are signed when you are a Junior/Senior in college, not as a freshman.

I agree with HR NCO. It sounds like there's more going on with your situation, whether it be on your end or the recruiters. Keep in mind that your recruiter is working with numerous other candidates that may have no issues to deal with. It's not uncommon for recruiters to push these applicants through first.

Be patient and try to get everything in order on your end.

Comment

Originally posted by RyCass View Post
                This doesn't really make sense. Traditionally, ROTC "contracts" are signed when you are a Junior/Senior in college, not as a freshman.

I agree with HR NCO. It sounds like there's more going on with your situation, whether it be on your end or the recruiters. Keep in mind that your recruiter is working with numerous other candidates that may have no issues to deal with. It's not uncommon for recruiters to push these applicants through first.

Be patient and try to get everything in order on your end.
                I wasn't clear, I wanted a scholarship. There were no contracts available because of the military draw down. Yes, I will wait as long as I can.

Comment

Similar to others who have expressed this sentiment; WANTING to enlist does not constitute an emergency on the part of a Recruiter. I am NOT saying that SOME Recruiters aren't "lazy", (which is ultimately expressed in their end of year mission number), but "difficult" enlistments are shelved for rainy days when picket fence applicants aren't lined up at the door. No Recruiter wants to deal with a moral waiver (which has nothing to do with MEPS btw), when they are actively working 5 applicants with no extra issues. Service is NOT a RIGHT. We are an EMPLOYER, and we can be as choosey as regulation allows, and frankly it gives our RRNCOs a good deal of latitude to make autonomous decisions in this regard.

Comment

Originally posted by Moses1291 View Post
                    Yes it had to be because you are from up North. JK.

Hang in there don't give up.

Comment

Working...
                    X