X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reception time

How long is the typical reception time. I am putting together a proposal for a leave of absence for my boss and I need to give him a idea on how long I would be gone.

Re: Reception time

Originally posted by EasternShoreman View Post
    How long is the typical reception time. I am putting together a proposal for a leave of absence for my boss and I need to give him a idea on how long I would be gone.
    1-2 weeks, I think.

Comment

Crap. I was banking on one week tops. Guess I will have to rewrite my proposal.

Comment

Originally posted by EasternShoreman View Post
        Crap. I was banking on one week tops. Guess I will have to rewrite my proposal.
        Proposal or request? What exactly are you proposing?

Comment

Typically only one week. However a few people have been held at reception longer. I was only ar reception for one week before BCT. However, I was 6 weeks early to AIT lol! I cut a lot of grass during that time.

Comment

Just go off what your reservation paperwork says. It tells you when you leave and a round about date you'll be back. Don't try to calculate down to the exact day, you'll just be disappointed when it doesn't go as planned.

Comment

Originally posted by HR NCO View Post
              Just go off what your reservation paperwork says. It tells you when you leave and a round about date you'll be back. Don't try to calculate down to the exact day, you'll just be disappointed when it doesn't go as planned.
              Good call. I will do that.

Comment

What is reception?

Comment

I got to reception late at night on the 12th of july and started BCT on the 21st so about 9 days for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ajdeployed12 View Post
                    What is reception?
                    Reception is the time frame from when you arrive at Basic Combat Training (BCT) and you actually get to your Basic Training unit. They issue you gear, take you to the store to buy some required items with an advance on your pay check, you stand in allot of lines to get some basic things done before getting to BCT. I was there less than a week.

OP, I know you want to have your civilian work squared away before you leave them, and it is great to work with them as much as possible to make it easier on them, but you will learn things change so often in the military you really cant get too exact. By law you also get some time before leaving and after returning before you are required to report back to civilian employer.

Comment

Originally posted by ajdeployed12 View Post
                      What is reception?
                      A churched up word for purgatory.

Comment

OP, plan on 10 weeks for BCT. That includes BCT and reception.

Comment

I'm sitting in reception at Ft.. Sill now.... Not fun but not horrible. I just boring.

Comment

Working...
                          X