X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secret Security Clearance info needed

Hello All. I'm interesting in going to ranger school/air assault and I know that you need a Secret Security Clearance to join. I know they check the personal background, criminal history, and dept history on you. I was wondering for a Secret Security Clearance do they also check Medical Records? Also, if they do, I do not have any insurance, how are the able to find/check my medical records if they do so?

Re: Secret Security Clearance info needed

1. Only a fraction of applicants require a security clearance to enlist. 2. I'm curious why you are concerned about finding medical history when you are required t to disclose your past medical problems early during processing. Are you trying to hide your negative medical records and fraudulently enlist?

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose772 View Post
      1. Only a fraction of applicants require a security clearance to enlist. 2. I'm curious why you are concerned about finding medical history when you are required t to disclose your past medical problems early during processing. Are you trying to hide your negative medical records and fraudulently enlist?
      No Sir. Everything I submitted was honest. I was just wondering how the process goes about so I know what to expect. I'm confident I will pass it. Also, how do you know you completed it? Will they contact you and tell you that you now have a security clearance or is no news, good news? Thanks for the help

Comment

no news is good news

Comment

Originally posted by Schmitt444 View Post
          Hello All. I'm interesting in going to ranger school/air assault and I know that you need a Secret Security Clearance to join. I know they check the personal background, criminal history, and dept history on you. I was wondering for a Secret Security Clearance do they also check Medical Records? Also, if they do, I do not have any insurance, how are the able to find/check my medical records if they do so?
          To answer your question honestly......they can't. Medical records are not like criminal records. What I mean by that is there is no central database. If they don't know what doctors office or medical clinic to request records from, there is no way for them to know to look there. Now, understand these investigators do this for a living and are well resourced. There may be things that lead them to a particular doctor that you wouldn't expect....like a bill on you credit card and so on.

I don't condone or suggest you hide anything, however what I stated is reality.

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
            To answer your question honestly......they can't. Medical records are not like criminal records. What I mean by that is there is no central database. If they don't know what doctors office or medical clinic to request records from, there is no way for them to know to look there. Now, understand these investigators do this for a living and are well resourced. There may be things that lead them to a particular doctor that you wouldn't expect....like a bill on you credit card and so on.

With the advent of electronic medical records, I do foresee a central database--eventually. Some HMO's are already requiring doctors to share their records with each other and the insurance companies. There is also the mandate that by 2014 that electronic records be adopted or there could be a loss of Medicare/Medicaid funding.

Comment

Originally posted by CSM View Post
              With the advent of electronic medical records, I do foresee a central database--eventually. Some HMO's are already requiring doctors to share their records with each other and the insurance companies. There is also the mandate that by 2014 that electronic records be adopted or there could be a loss of Medicare/Medicaid funding.
              I agree that someday, probably there will be. But today....there isn't. This is why its comical to see MEPS with all the "you'll go to jail" threats about medical records.

Comment

Soon the VA and military will be able to share records directly. They are saying around 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post

Wow. Thats very interesting. You would think they would check medical records with a SECRET Security clearance or have a database set up like they do for criminal records. Kinda stupid imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmitt444 View Post
                    Wow. Thats very interesting. You would think they would check medical records with a SECRET Security clearance or have a database set up like they do for criminal records. Kinda stupid imo.
                    For the most part it touches into the HIPPA laws. Because of privacy concerns, they cant really do this.

Comment

Working...
                    X