Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recruiter flaked on me

Hello everybody,

Allow me to bring you up to speed on my situation. I have been trying to join the Army for 2 years as of right now, I had some legal issues in the past that recruiters didn't want to touch to enlist me. I recently received a dismissal from the court and went over everything with a recruiter. He gave me the ok. So I decided to bring 2 of my other friends along, each have their own separate issues one has a ( medical issue) requiring a waiver and already passed the Asvab. The other had another legal issue.

To make a long story short all of us stopped by the recruiters office, and the recruiter sounded very enthusiastic to help us out. He told us he'd schedule us for the asvab, and told us to fill out our SF-86 or guard application online. He was in contact with us for about a week and a half after the visit.

After that we studied for the asvab. And we decided to call him and see what the status was, and for us to obtain or MEPS sheet for the asvab so we could take it. For almost 2 weeks straight, he suddenly became unavailable and wouldn't return our phone calls. The asvab date came and went.

I do recall him saying that" October would be better for us to receive bonuses" and that he already fulfilled quota yada... So if his motivation is not to enlist us by then I'm pretty upset. Should I contact his CO? or just find another recruiter his willing to help us out.

Thanks,
    Last edited by Dstunner; September 12th, 2012, 03:09 PM.

Re: Recruiter flaked on me

I have to ask.......what bonuses?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
      I have to ask.......what bonuses?
      He said if I brought my two other boys on board I could make PFC and get some extra cash, If I recall correctly.
      Last edited by Dstunner; September 12th, 2012, 03:17 PM.

Comment

What are all these issues you have? Right now, enlistment criteria is very stringent. Do not take it personal.

Comment

Originally posted by Dstunner View Post
          He said if I brought my two other boys on board I could make PFC and get some extra cash, If I recall correctly.
          Stripes for Buddies can definitely get you promoted early. I think the cash bonus is dependent on your state. In NY it used to be $2000 for each person that enlisted, but they yanked the program when they found out there was tons of fraud happening with it. I don't know if this is just NY or every state.

Comment

Hmmm....GRAP ended at the end of June.

However, Stripes for Buddies has been in effect for over a decade.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
              What are all these issues you have? Right now, enlistment criteria is very stringent. Do not take it personal.
              I'm cleared and received a dismissal from the court. I think my mistake was bringing in my friends who had their own set of problems, maybe the recruiter realized it was more work than it was worth to him?. One needed a medical waiver for a ear problem, he was DQ'd by another branch. But he passed the asvab.

Whats some advice you guys can give me, so I can find a honest recruiter who's willing to help me get processed? I don't want to become discouraged and forget about it. I'm taking it seriously, I work out everyday with "Insanity" so by the time I goto boot camp I'll be in top shape.
              Last edited by Dstunner; September 13th, 2012, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gheart68w View Post
                Stripes for Buddies can definitely get you promoted early. I think the cash bonus is dependent on your state. In NY it used to be $2000 for each person that enlisted, but they yanked the program when they found out there was tons of fraud happening with it. I don't know if this is just NY or every state.
                Yeah it's the same in CA, he said I missed that program. Pretty much what you wrote is what he discussed.

Comment

At this time of the year, if you have recruiter who has already met mission, they will all most likely want you to wait until after 1 Oct when the new year starts.

Comment

Working...
                  X