X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage license and Basic training

I will be leaving in January for basic training and I am getting married this November but I may not have my Marriage license by the time I leave... Will they back date my dependent pay? I am already leasing a home also... Please help

Re: Marriage license and Basic training

Maybe your state is different, but I thought you couldn't get married unless you had a marriage license. You can usually just go pick one up from the county office where you live. I applied for mine and got it within a couple of days.

Comment

You should have plenty of time to get it. Not sure what the problem is.

Comment

My wife and I received ours same day here in TN.

Comment

Maybe you meant marriage certificate? Because that can take a really long time. I got married in May and I still have not recieved the marriage certificate, ******* San Diego.........

Comment

Im sorry! Marriage certificate I ment!!

Comment

Will they back pay your BAH? Supposedly. I was told that you can get back pay after you fill out all the paper work and get it into the system. Then an audit has to be done for your pay and after that you can get back pay for the BAH. I'll be going through the process really soon to get back pay since May.

Comment

I had back pay for BAH before when I was there. Just in time for Christmas Exodus too. I was surprised at how quick the Army was...........for once. (BAH for North Jersey is a lot of money.)

Comment

Working...
                X