Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do Army Recruiters hate the guard?

So by accident I walked into an army recruiting center thinking it was a place I could enlist and ask questions about the guard. When I asked about the guard, they laughed at me. It was probably the most awkward feeling I have ever had. So I asked about the reserve. they told me that the reserve has no Combat MOS. But when I looked online on the reserve website they had combat MOS. Im still leaning towards the guard but I was just seeing if anyone else had ran into this problem with army recruiters.

Re: Why do Army Recruiters hate the guard?

Many active duty soldiers have preconceptions about the guard and nearly all of them are bad. From a customs and courtsies standpoint the NG as a whole gets a bad rap because there are many units out there that do not represent the guard very well and unfortunately its the really bad ones that stand out the most.

Usually a lot of preconceptions turn out to be misconceptions once active units get to work with NG units, especally over seas. The NG has a ton on its plate post 9/11. Not only are we in deployment cycles but we have to balance a civilian career with a military career, taking long breaks and stalls in our civilian careers in order to answer the calls of the nation. It is a lot harder then many active duty soldiers realize.

Comment

Re: Why do Army Recruiters hate the guard?

I have been active duty Army for nearly 9 years and I love the Guard!!

Comment

Working...
      X